• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

More than 1 eBay name?

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
I'm considering doing artwork for childrens rooms as well as what I'm currently selling.
Obviously, the two types of artwork do not go hand in hand. Does anyone have more than one name they sell under? Is this allowed?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Some people have two names, one strictly for buying, and one for selling. I couldn't find anything specifically on eBay though that said how many accounts you can or cannot have.

As far as I know there is nothing preventing you from doing this. I know with PayPal you can only have 2 accounts, but with eBay I don't think there is a set number, although I'm sure they want you to be reasonable. Meaning don't make 100 accounts.. :D

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Well, there is a slight glitch, if you only have one email address (easy to remedy) and one credit card (not quite as easy to fix) then you can't open a new account.:mad:
I'll let you guys know when I get the new stuff going...thanks Andrew!:D

Julie

Registered Member
As far as the eBay name, there's nothing stating you can't have more than one. I know plenty of people down here who have a few different eBay ID's (mostly like Andrew said, one for selling & one for buying). But for what you're wanting to do, I see no reason not to go for it.

As far as your email address, you can always create another user ID on yahoo & get yourself another email address that way (and it's free). For the credit card, I don't know what you have up there in MI...but down here all the 7-11's, most other gas stations, Walgreen's, & a few others have started selling these GreenDotOnline credit cards. Their pre-paid credit cards, & it's a way to get a credit card number for very little money. I think if I remember right you only have to put in like $20 & of course that money goes right into the card for you. The card itself is usually around $5-10 for initial purchase.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
wow Julie, I have not heard of these cards here yet. that is a really cool idea though.

Angel I know a couple of people that have more than one account as well.
If you have a debit card you can use that like a credit card I believe. and Julie's idea is a good one if they have that where you live.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Actually, the credit card problem is easy to fix. Go to your bank and get a debit card. As long as you have money in the account they will give you one, and as long as it's a says the name of a major credit card company on it, it will work on eBay. Only downside is you have to pay immediately unlike a normal credit card, but if you are selling, you'll just be paying eBay fees anyway, so you'll easily be able to keep enough in the account to cover that. :)

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
what do you mean by pay immediately? you have to keep funds in your paypal account for that? or ebay?

doubles2004

Registered Member
You can have several ebay Ids I have 7 and I use one credit card for all the ebay IDs

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Bunny_roses said:
what do you mean by pay immediately? you have to keep funds in your paypal account for that? or ebay?
I meant if you use a debit card. The money is taken out of your account right away is what I meant, as opposed to how a credit card works, where you get a bill.