• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies More StarWars

JoshDelcore

Does anybody know if there is going to be any more StarWars?

Josh Delcore

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'd love to see a 7,8, and 9, and honestly I don't see why George Lucas said he won't be making them. It's not like he has anything else going on after the next Indiana Jones movie comes out.

cheekygirl

i would love there to be more Star Wars - the last lot was amazing!!! :nod:

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
I too would look forward to more because all the others were sweet. I haven't seen anything about more though...

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Would it focus around an older set of the characters from 4-6, or do you think he'd make it their kids?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think it should move forward say 20-30 years in the future, much like the gap between 3 and 4. It should include the remaining characters from 4-6 (played by possibly the same people, which would work with the time difference) and could introduce their kids and continue from there.

I think that would work very nicely. I'd love to have more Star Wars movies. I'm pretty sure that George Lucas will almost have to make more to keep from being bored. Star Wars is his flagship product. He needs to keep it fresh and in the minds of consumers.

dDave

V.I.P.
I think that they should completely redo episodes 4,5,and 6 because everything is noticeably worse quality and honestly Mark Hammil is not a very good actor. Then they could make newer ones. But maybe it is a bad idea to just get rid of the originals and I think that a lot of people would get very mad about that. The special effects should still be redone.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I think that they should completely redo episodes 4,5,and 6 because everything is noticeably worse quality and honestly Mark Hammil is not a very good actor.
But, you see, those movies weren't 100% serious when they were made. We might see them as that now, but even the actors weren't taking it very seriously. It's part of what makes Star Wars so great, they had fun doing it.

The special effects should still be redone.
They were.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes they were... but lol, have you seen the new versions? I've seen both and it wasn't much of a difference. And the added CG scenes were horrible. I wish they left the original scenes at least.

I don't want to see the originals redone though. As cool as that would be, I'd rather have that time spent on making 7,8 and 9, and perhaps even more. Star Wars needs to live on. And I don't just mean new videogames. New Star Wars movies would be awesome. Especially now that there would be no need for Hayden Christensen to be in them. :D