MORE internet help

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Iris, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I'm hopeless! I've made so many of these threads. lol

Okay, the laptop was infected with spyware and malware. So I downloaded AVG anti-spyware, pretty much ALL of it is gone.

But now the internet is down. Whenever I try to access it on Firefox it says, "Proxy settings not allowing internet access." That's not verbatim, but along those lines.

Help?

Edit: I've made 8 help threads... Wow. PATHETIC! XD

2. Moiraine

Moiraine Guest

Could you give any more details? Do you have a new firewall up that could be blocking firefox from the internet? Also check all your internet settings etc to make sure any viruses havent changed anything from the normal/your prefered settings.

3. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

No, I only have AVG and I've had that for a few days. Plus it's anti spyware, not a firewall. Also, it's not just Firefox, but I can't access the internet at all. So...

I don't know how to check my internet settings, can you tell me?

4. Moiraine

Moiraine Guest

Ok, just go over all your settings making sure everything seems correct. Check firefox settings by tools, then options. Then check your computer by going to the control panel (im assuming you're running a windows os) and check your network connections to see what the status is, and then check (still in the control panel) under internet options. Any more details that you can give? Are you sure you eliminated all the viruses? I would recommend investing money in a anti-virus program. I've used AVG and while it does offer ok protection, I love Trend Micro because it offeres very diligent protection and works in real-time so if you experience an outbreak. Another free one though, that I've worked with is Ad-Aware and if youjust google it, you'll find the website, so maybe you could save it to a working computer and then put it on a flash drive or something and then install it on your laptop. Also I would like to know exactly how your internet is set up with your laptop. Are your computers all networked together? If so, you might want to check those computers. Or if they were networked does one of them have a firewall or setting that would be blocking the laptop?

5. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I had Ad-Aware before I had AVG. AVG Anti-Spyware found so much more spyware and got rid of it for good. With Ad-Aware I was constantly scanning and finding 20 spyware and trojans. But with AVG I would actually get rid of them. But I'll check out the settings later and get back to you.

6. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

You will have to be more specific when it comes to checking the settings on firefox and the laptop. I have no idea where to go or anything of the sort. Plus, I don't know how the setting should be.

Yes, I'm operating on Windows. Also, I'm 16 and I don't have a job. I don't have any money to invest in a program. My sister might, but she is struggling as it is.

I doubt a firewall on the main computer will do that to the laptop considering it was here before and it didn't block internet for it.