• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

More impressive: Ripken or Favre?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Cal Ripken Jr. played in 2,632 straight games, while Brett Favre played in 321 straight games(including playoffs). In your opinion which one is more impressive, and why?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Brett Favre's streak is more impressive to me just because of the physical nature of football and how difficult it is to stay healthy. I know baseball players have to play almost everyday, but the games aren't nearly as taxing on the body.

BigBob

Registered Member
Exactly what Echoes said.

Cal Ripken didn't have 350lb men diving on top of him, or 250lb linebackers running right through him. Both are amazing streaks, but Brett Favre's is just so much more impressive because of all the injuries and personal problems he's played through.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Hard to say. Football is more likely to get you injured, but if you manage to avoid any serious injuries, you have a week to recover. Whereas baseball has the daily grind, and Ripken was playing in the most demanding position (other than Catcher).

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is very tough for me, even though I always been a firm believer that Lou Gehrig's streak is more impressive then Ripken's, I believe Cal's streak is pretty impressive too.

What Favre did on a week to week basis is impressive, getting knock down hard by defensive players, and always getting up is not something a lot of people can do.

I'll have to give it to Favre on this one, but just by a small margin.

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
I'm gonna echo the statement of...well...Echoes. I'm not taking anything away from Cal Ripkins massive streak, but it was baseball. He didn't have massive guys trying to destroy him every game. Brett Favre takes this one hands down in my opinion.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
This one is very hard to decide. I respect both streaks deeply and to pick one was very tough. But I am going to have to say Favre. I really want to say Cal, but I have played baseball as well and it doesn't take no more than a good night sleep to recover from a baseball game versus Football it takes alot longer to recover.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
This is very tough, major league baseball is a huge grind. There are months when they get just a couple of days off. 162 games a season is very very rough especially playing shortstop. But just because of the physical nature of playing football especially QB I have to give a slight edge to Favre. I wish I could give it to Ripken because I respect him as an athlete and person more than Favre but I have to give credit where credit is due.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Favre. To go that long starting games is so much more an impressive feat. Nothing against Cal, though. There is no way Favre's streak will be met. No way.