Morbid Thoughts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ysabel, May 27, 2009.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Have you ever thought about your own death? Ever wonder if it will be peaceful or violent?

A few years ago, my friend was stabbed several times in his own room. I hope he was too drunk to even know what’s happening.

It made me wonder what are people’s last thoughts when they’re dying. If you are sick, you have a lot of time to think about stuff. But when it’s sudden, like an accident or murder (especially with a knife just about to stick to your body), do we even have time to really “think” what’s going on?

Would believers have time to pray (saying "omg" doesn't count)? Can we even start to feel anger about the one who is murdering you? Do we have flashbacks about what our life and time to regret?

Or are we simply scared at that moment? Probably the last thought would be...”Shit, I’m gonna die!”

2. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

I like to think that I would die in some valiant way, or some stupid way. And with my religious views of reincarnation, my last words/thoughts aren't all that important, I'm coming back anyway.. So they'd probably be something about the people I know in this life, seeing as I won't know them in my next life.

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

It's probably just the movies or they're based on real life but they usually show that even the people who say they are ready to die or are calm when they think about death, still manifest a last minute panic in face of death. Even if it's not "sudden" death, someone I know who refused to believe in anything tied to religion started praying when she knew the time is near.

4. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

If it's quick you probably have just enough time to think "Oh No". I bet that's all you get. Given longer you get reflective, probably think about a lot of things you wish you'd done differently. Even if we've accomplished a lot I bet it'll be the regrets that come back to me at the end. That should motivate me to take more chances but it rarely does to be honest.

Oh this also counts as morbid thoughts. When I'm walking in the city I'll sometimes wonder how I'd feel if I saw one of these people getting hit by a bus or something.

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  5. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Sure, more or less every day. In my most foolishly optimistic daydreams I'm looking up in my last moments at the face of the woman whose love has seen me through to the natural end of my life. Her absence in reality, of course, forces me to ponder the alternate scenarios, including some in which my end is peaceful in the blood-spurt-artery-murder sense but represents a greater tragedy in completing a story in which hope is ultimately unrealized.

We all live with the knowledge that we're temporary. What a joke that our species is so advanced as to be acutely self-aware and yet we only get about eighty years -- if we're lucky -- to queue our various canards before vanishing with the finality of snowflakes tumbling into the sea.

ysabel likes this.
  6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Oh wow, I think of those too. What's wrong with us? :lol:

The other day I was in the bus and there's a bit of traffic. I got bored (excuses!) and thought what if someone got hit by our bus and I have to witness every moment of it.

7. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

I think I do it because I worry that I won't feel anything. I wouldn't really know untill it actually happened though.

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

What about those who decide to donate their body to science? Do you think about how some day there will be medical students cutting your body to pieces while you lay naked on a table with phermaldihyde sitting stagnant in your veins? What will the students talk about as they dissect you? Will it be filmed and put in a medical study of some sort? What would it look like to see yourself in that situation? :urp:

I for one am not donating myself to science after that mental picture. :lol:

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  9. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

That would presumably be very difficult. *frown*

Too bad, you might have helped medicine cure something. Me, I might just donate my corpse to a forensic body farm. They don't suck out your blood and all that sordidness and bury you in a tight box, they just lay you out in a nice private glade for the flies to feast on your juices and disperse your DNA throughout the land.

Mirage likes this.
  10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

You'd think when you're dead, pudeur is far from your mind...but somehow I can imagine still being a self-conscious corpse concerned about modesty ("they can see me naked!") or esthetics. :stare: