Moral Hate Speech

G

Godfearingsecular

Should it be illegal to say homosexuals are immoral?

Should it be illegal to say cross dressers are not normal people?

Should people stating in public either of the above be considered an incitement to violence or punished with a fine or prison?

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Should it be illegal to say homosexuals are immoral?

Should it be illegal to say cross dressers are not normal people?

Should people stating in public either of the above be considered an incitement to violence or punished with a fine or prison?
It shouldn't be illegal to say those things because that's just the way some people think. It may be counter-progressive, but it's what they believe.

Those aren't statements that should incite violence and if they do then I think we've got a sociopath on the loose. They're not polite phrases but there is a hell of a lot worse to say. Fining someone or doing something as extreme as sending them to prison is just flat out idiotic.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
No.

However, most of the time it's people in public places blocking the path of homosexuals to yell at them (which is illegal) or assaulting them (which is also illegal).

Otherwise, it's First Amendment.

G

Godfearingsecular

No.

However, most of the time it's people in public places blocking the path of homosexuals to yell at them (which is illegal) or assaulting them (which is also illegal).

Otherwise, it's First Amendment.
In the case of the Philly Five or Eleven or whatever... The Christains were arrested for being assulted by gays.

I think that is what this legislation is about? http://www.traditionalvalues.org/modules.php?sid=3054

G

Godfearingsecular

"Extremist" Christians don't even follow the bases of their own religion...they're violent (not necesarily physically) and hateful...
What the hell is an Extremist Christian? Give me some details of how they're violent and hateful? My mom, wife and some of my friends are Christians but none are violent that I know of?

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Yeah, that's why their Christians, but not Extremist Christians.

Fred Phelps is an extremist Christian, Jerry Fallwell is an extremist Christian, Pat Robertson is an extremist Chrsitian. Do these people you know of have any similarities besides in name to these people?

G

Godfearingsecular

Yeah, that's why their Christians, but not Extremist Christians.

Fred Phelps is an extremist Christian, Jerry Fallwell is an extremist Christian, Pat Robertson is an extremist Chrsitian. Do these people you know of have any similarities besides in name to these people?
What is the worst things these extremeists have done?

Extremeist Liberals cause a lot of death do these folks you mention meet that bar?

breathilizer

Resident Ass-Kisser
Bush is an Extremist Christian because he regularly uses Biblical rhetoric to sway the opinions of his fundamentalist base. He doesn't have to present rational arguments to win their favor. He simply has to make a reference to scripture and promise it is for the greater good.

Aside from that, you have the Christian terrorists in Ireland, you have abortion clinic bombers, you have the KKK, the Phelps family, etc.

Like it or not, they're Christians.

G

Godfearingsecular

Bush is an Extremist Christian because he regularly uses Biblical rhetoric to sway the opinions of his fundamentalist base. He doesn't have to present rational arguments to win their favor. He simply has to make a reference to scripture and promise it is for the greater good.

Aside from that, you have the Christian terrorists in Ireland, you have abortion clinic bombers, you have the KKK, the Phelps family, etc.

Like it or not, they're Christians.
America is a Christian nation, one would expect the leaders to be a majority of Christians... why wouldn't Bush speak as a Christian? look at the stats:

Protestant 52%, Roman Catholic 24%, Mormon 2%, Jewish 1%, Muslim 1%, other 10%, none 10% (2002 est.) https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/us.html#People