• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

moon landing hoax

Phoenix

Fee-nix
ok...so, one of my friends reciently informed me that he feels the moon landing was a hoax. he told me to look at the video they made while on the moon, and to see what i thought. i did so, and was very shocked, to put it lightly. :shocked:
YouTube - Moon Landing Hoax - Wires Footage
there are other links similar to this (i did not want to put them all)
im freaking out a bit just by the thought of this potentially being true. i mean, my perspective of the US is shaped by events such as these. i can see the logic in this argument (the moon landing being a hoax), mainly because of the circumstances of the moon landing- the nature of the cold war and the space race.
i dont know what to think...can someone help clear this up for me? i need some way to find my footing. i realize the main issue here is that if this is true, our government has no problem feeding us lies and that this is probabely not the only cover-up/hoax that they have thought up. but really. as i said before, my view of our achievements and successes as humans is shaped by things like these...if the moon landing is indeed a hoax...i will distrust the united states government even less than i currently do. :confused:
(am i just being gullible?)

Last edited:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, the evidence DOES seem to be there, however I would rather er on the side of coincidence than to go and say the moon landings have all been hoaxes.

Remember that none of us have been on the moon and neither have the people who made that video. The physics of the environment as a whole is entirely different to how things move oh earth.

The camera footage was also questionable at best back when these videos were taken. The light that appears to bounce off of the so-called "wires" at times could be any number of things.

I do find this video very intriguing though. What a punking that would be if it turned out they were staged. Talk about getting called out on an astronomical scale..

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I do find this video very intriguing though. What a punking that would be if it turned out they were staged. Talk about getting called out on an astronomical scale..
Man you said it! That would Suck to be NASA if it was true.

shinobi

if you want to argue that its fake here go
to Google type in
the moon landing was faked
and it is the first one

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Interesting stuff...

Here's the link in question if anybody else is interested:

Was The Apollo Moon Landing Fake?

I still hold to my original thoughts on this though. I think it was real.

Phoenix

Fee-nix
hmm...that is interesting. Im still not quite sure if I think it was faked or not...I do find it interesting to see this perspective of the senario, though.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I choose to believe that it was real, and I'm a conspiracy nut. The evidence is plausible, but it's more entertainment to me than an all out explanation.

dDave

V.I.P.
Did we really go to the moon?

Lately, I have been hearing a lot about how we did not go to the moon. This isn't just a stupid pointless argument. There are a lot of things to back it up though. Here are some things that will make you doubt your faith in NASA. How did they get the picture of Neil Armstrong if those truly were the first steps on the moon? Why are the camera alignment lines behind the rock in one of the pictures? Why are all of the pictures (I mean all of them) in perfect focus. Why is there a C on the rock, Hollywood puts a C on a all of their props. hy isnt Buzz touching the camera when he is taking the picture of Neil in the ever so famous helmet reflection picture that we have all seen. Still don't doubt that we went to the moon, tell me why.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
Until people can more evidence on either side this argument is a waste of time.
I believe that they really did land on the moon.