• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Moola

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'll play you on Level 8 next time you get there. :D Just tell me when and where and we can go at it for $1.28 profit. :)

leopard22

Registered Member
Oh, can I have an invite from someone? It sounds like fun and I'm a big loser so if anyone wants to play against me, you probably will win. No matter how much I try, I just keep losing and losing these days .... used to be a winner, but now I'm a weiner :D

I'd like to join up if anyone has a spare invite going.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh, Spence, I just got 3 more invitations recently and have already sent leopard one. They send you new invites once a week if you have used up your others.

So are you making any money yet Spence?

leopard22

Registered Member
Yeah, thanks Spence, for the offer. That's great of you. :)

Andrew got me in already .... maybe I'll go in the Gold Rush one-on-one with ya one day :cool:

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I am sooo close.

I only play at work during breaks. I am always getting to the 7 or 8 level and losing it. If I can ever get about 8, I am going to abandon my stategy of playing at the highest level possible.

After playing awhile I realized the situations where I lost most often happened when a 6 or 5 was thrown 1st. After a lot of thought and experimenting, I decided that when a 6 is thrown, I will throw my 6 also(or sometimes a 5). I've noticed that most people do not like to throw a 6 on the first card, but don't like to throw a 1 either, so they end up throwing a 4 or 5 when the 6 shows up. This allows me to take a really big win right off the bat. Even though my opponent noow has a card advantage, it is generally worth it.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
A lot of people throw their 2 or 3 on a 6 if it comes up first too though. Mainly because a lot of people put a 1 on a 6 so the other person wastes their 6 getting it, but the 2 catches the 1, and the 3 catches the 2, and so on. It's any man's game though when a 6 comes out first. You just have to feel it out because it's hard to get a good feel before even playing one round against the person.

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
My husband has been playing this and never offered me an invite... I'll take one Night :p

leopard22

Registered Member
Help! Now I'm screwed.

After just 2 games in one session, I wanna play more! BUT my stupid computer won't let me login ... i even changed my password in case I forgot it. Still no go .... anyone have any ideas? I'm fresh out of them.

I think it might have to do with it being a .jsp page but it's out of my realm of knowledge at that point.

Any help would be appreciated .... i wanna win:D

leopard22

Registered Member
Woohoo! Got the problem figured out ... my flash player was dead meat. Uninstalled it and installed new one over it and all is working fine now.

I only play Gold Rush and it certainly is a game of strategy, but luck plays a part. At first I just did weirdo things to try to throw the other player off, but wound up loosing too much, so now I try to use strategy a bit more. It really depends on the first stone out and how your opponent responds to your play there, IMHO.

This game is a lot of fun. Just wish I had time to play it .... work, work, work, makes Leopard a dull cat these days :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Darksyde Wrestling 9
MenInTights Video Games 12
Mirage General Discussion 0