Montreal Canadiens

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This is a small rant.

I don't know whats up with the Canadiens lately, but they've been struggling and it's pissing me off. Players that are suppose to put the puck in the net arent, and goalies that are suppose to stop the puck arent. They've allowed 13 goals in the last two games. This must change, because if it doesn't they wont make the playoffs.

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

But thats what makes the NHL season so great. Clubs that have been performing so well over the start of the season usually struggle to do so against the others in the second half (crunch time) who are fighting for that last Post Season Position. Its real easy to hit the cruise control button and just own during the start of the season, but to stay on top is another thing!

I say give 'em some space, when they get adjusted they'll be a force to reckon with.

3. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Everybody goes through a tough spell here or there. Eventually they'll break out of it because they are good enough to do so.

4. Babe_Ruth

I really hope so, the Canadiens play Colorado tonight, hopefully they snap out of there funk. Ill probably cry if they don't make the playoffs, and I am being serious, I take it that seriously.

Price needs to find his game, he's been letting a lot of easy goals, it's probably killing him because he's so competetive.

GO HABS GO

5. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

i think price was overhyped based on his play last year. anyone who starts at the trade deadline will have a decent post season. playing a full season has totally taken its toll on him and he needs to be given some slack. kovalev on the other hand is playing below his ability and needs to pick it up.

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

you can stop there... because I truly believe Price fits the bill when it comes to much Hype. Dont get me wrong he's a good little netminder but holy cow he's had so much "its in the stars" for him to be the next Patrick Roy or Ken Dryden. Sorta drives me insane ya know, like just because he plays on the same team that those two great Goalies did that he's going to become them! Its one of those things where I'll have to believe it when I see it, but to be honest I have a feeling theres going to be alot of Dissapointment in Montreal when Price peaks.

7. Babe_Ruth

There's a lot of pressure on the kid, like you said he's being compared to Roy or Dryden two of the best goalies in the Canadiens history.

The kid is still learning, you got to remember he's only 21 years old. He shows signs of being a great goalie, his legs are quick, and he's good with his glove, he's one of the best stick handlers in the NHL when it comes to goalies.

I think he'll be a great goalie for a lot of years, he'll be an all star for a lot of those years, and in three to five years, he'll be one of the best goalies in the NHL in my opinion.

8. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

i don't argue his potential. but right now there's way too much pressure on him in his first full year in net. and that could mentally stunt his growth as a goalie.

9. Babe_Ruth

Well the Canadiens came up on top last night against Colorado. They won the game 4-2. The defence was pretty bad, but Halak stepped his game up. He played really well, and if it wasn't for him the Avalanche would of destroyed them.

Hopefully they can take this game and run with it.