• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Montreal Canadians Playoffs official thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I will report on Montreal Canadians playoff games.

Game 2: The Canadians started off very well by taking a 3-0 lead into second period, Montreal where dominating the entire period. Second period was very different the Hurricanes came out firing, the Canadians kept taking stupid penalties, and the Hurricanes took advantage and score four unanswered goals. But the Habs finally woke up and scored two goals to take back the lead 5-4. Then with 90 seconds left the Hurricanes decided to take their goalie out for an extra attacker which paid diffidence, because they tied up the game. Taking the game to overtime. The 1st overtime didn't have any scoring. The second overtime started and with 2:32 in the second o.t Michael Ryder scored the game winner to make the Canadians have a 2-0 lead against the Hurricanes.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Yes this was another game from what I saw. Some of the saves in OT from Gerber were amazing except the one that got past him. I'm expecting Carolina to win at least 1 game.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sorry to inform you Vegito but Martin Gerber was pulled after he let in is third goal, and the rookie Cam Ward was put in. He did a superb job I believe because he hasn't played in like a couple of weeks, but he still led in three goals. also watch for Chistobal Huet to rebound from this poor game.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Oh lol my bad. I didn't see the game only the highlights.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you wanna see some good hockey Vegeto you should look at the game and not only at highlights. Yesterdays game 2 was the best game in this years playoffs. Your missing some great action.

Vegito728

Registered Member
I can't help it. I would watch it but don't get the channel. And don't really wanna pay for it.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh it's understandable, but so far this has been the post interesting series I believe, and I will do a better update on game 3 because I am going to see the game live tommorow in Montreal. Can't wait.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well Game three was a good one but unfortunately the Carolina Hurricanes took game three and the series is now 2-1 for Montreal. There was no scoring the first period, a lot good hits and good chances for Montreal but never scored. In the second period Montreal made it 1-0 Richard Zednik scored is third goal of the playoffs. Heading in the third period Montreal where still ahead 1-0 but with 10 minutes left Rod Brind Amour scored to tie it up. With two minutes gone in the over time the Referees called a penalty on Montreal and the Hurricanes took advantage and score the game winner.

Overall the game was really good, the Habs should of won that game, but the atmosphere was insane.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well Game 4 was an o.k game. Montreal lost 3-2 they where losing 2-0 at the beggining of the game, and then they came back to tie the game by goals from Perezhogin and Souray. then in the third period Rod Brind'Amour scored the game winner. Once again the referies where horrible like game 3 they miss an obvious high stick to the face to Andrei Markov. Now game 5 with be in Carolina and it's a must win for both teams.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well the Carolina Hurricanes won Game 5 and now leade the series 3-2. Game 6 will be played at the Bell Centre in Montreal where the Habs need to win to stay alive. The Hurricanes open the game early by scoring a power play goal in the first period. It was a very nice goal, Christobal couldn't do anything because he couldn't see the puck. In the second period the Cans took a 2-0 lead with another power play goal by Matt Cullen. Then finally the Habs scored by a rocket from Alex Kovalev at the end of the second period. In the third there was no scoring. Overall the game was dominated by the Hurricanes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rontzeeez Hockey 2
Rontzeeez Baseball 2
Babe_Ruth Hockey 114
Rontzeeez Hockey 3
Babe_Ruth Hockey 2