• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Montel Vontavious Porter

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Has finally won a match! Over Big Show in a Last Man Standing match with help from Triple H.

Sure it was tainted but who gives a crap. He was getting face cheers as well...hopefully this means something good for him in 2009.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Finally, I've always been a huge fan of MVP, and I was kind of mad that he was losing all his matches. It's good to see him win one after losing so many.

Hopefully he'll change into a face well, I think he could make a good face.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Delighted with the way the losing streak was ended. It was a well worked match and the crowd was really behind him, i think this face run could be really good for him. I'm pretty sure there is one coming.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
About time that he won a match hopefully WWE is thinking about giving him the main event status.

viLky

ykLiv
Horrible move by WWE. How can you go 20+ weeks of giving MVP a losing streak only to give him a win at a week taping? Why not a PPV, and why not with MVP's skill instead of Triple H helping out? Many reasons why I'm pissed:

o-- Triple H hogs more spotlight
o-- MVP didn't get his "epic" first win at a PPV. Instead, it was at a taping against The Big Show.
o-- No feud, no set up. Nothing. Just a random match against The Big Show.

I'm very displeased on how this all turned out. :\

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Horrible move by WWE. How can you go 20+ weeks of giving MVP a losing streak only to give him a win at a week taping? Why not a PPV, and why not with MVP's skill instead of Triple H helping out? Many reasons why I'm pissed:

o-- Triple H hogs more spotlight
o-- MVP didn't get his "epic" first win at a PPV. Instead, it was at a taping against The Big Show.
o-- No feud, no set up. Nothing. Just a random match against The Big Show.

I'm very displeased on how this all turned out. :\
I guess I hear what you're saying but lets wait a minute here. MVP lost his piro, he lost his bling, he lost his entrance ramp thing, he lost money...why in the world would the WWE put this loser (yep) on a [email protected]!??! There was no chance in hell that was going to happen and honestly it wouldnt make any sense for him to win but other then on Smackdown. I fluke win also makes more sense. If he couldnt win the past 4months, why should he all of a sudden win without help?

Now you put him on a winning streak. You say the fluke win gave him confidence and he wins as a result now. The way it played it out was the only logical way.

viLky

ykLiv
why in the world would the WWE put this loser (yep) on a [email protected]!??!
Well, I understand this. I just think something like this should have happened:

MVP, the guy who lost 20+ weeks in a row enters the rumble. Other superstars laugh at him and don't even bother attacking him. Well, over a course of few minutes MVP starts to eliminate people and eventually wins! Now, he goes on to WrestleMania 25 to win it all. ^_^

Maybe I'm just dreaming, eh?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, I understand this. I just think something like this should have happened:

MVP, the guy who lost 20+ weeks in a row enters the rumble. Other superstars laugh at him and don't even bother attacking him. Well, over a course of few minutes MVP starts to eliminate people and eventually wins! Now, he goes on to WrestleMania 25 to win it all. ^_^

Maybe I'm just dreaming, eh?
[/font]
Dreaming a little bit...or a lot haha. There's no way they are going to put a man who's never won a world title in the main event of the biggest PPV in the history of professional wrestling.

Try WM26, but not WM25.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Dreaming a little bit...or a lot haha. There's no way they are going to put a man who's never won a world title in the main event of the biggest PPV in the history of professional wrestling.

Try WM26, but not WM25.
It's possible that someone who's never won a title could win the Rumble and be in the main event. Sometimes (the way I like it, hehe) the Rumble is used to give a push to someone who's never had one.

Totally unrelated, but MVP still needs to lose some weight. I like having different wrasslers of different body types, but it doesn't fit his character.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's possible that someone who's never won a title could win the Rumble and be in the main event. Sometimes (the way I like it, hehe) the Rumble is used to give a push to someone who's never had one.

Totally unrelated, but MVP still needs to lose some weight. I like having different wrasslers of different body types, but it doesn't fit his character.
I agree overall but not this year. This year is Wrestlemania 25.