• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Monster

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
A couple of years ago I was recommended an anime called Monster. It's about a Japanese doctor who saves a child who grows up to be a serial killer. The Doctor feels guilt for saving him and vows to correct his mistake. The premise grabbed me straight away and I watched the first 12 episodes in quick succession but I began to lose interest and moved onto Death Note. It's only this week that I've decided to pick up where I left off with Monster and give it another chance. I'm up to episode 40 now and I'm really enjoying it, maybe my patience for slow burning anime has improved since I was younger :lol:

Anyway I thought I'd get a bit of discussion going. Who's seen it? Did you find it's lengthy episode count worth it at the end? Discuss whatever you want about the anime but please use spoiler tags, I've still got a way to go yet.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I was about to say I could check it out, but dude...40 episodes and still going on? How many episodes does it have?

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
It's got 74, I'm currently on 67. It's been quite a rewarding watch so far but I was daunted by the length at first too. You're better off trying the first couple of episodes and seeing if it's worth the time :lol:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Ooooh, this series was mentioned by a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago. I thought it sounded familiar. It's here where I first heard of it. My friend and I went to a manga shop and showed me the book. He said it was good. I planned to check it out, he made it sound so interesting. I hope there are no gore scenes or too much violence though. It appears to be dark.

Are you still at ep 40? :rofl:

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Ooooh, this series was mentioned by a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago. I thought it sounded familiar. It's here where I first heard of it. My friend and I went to a manga shop and showed me the book. He said it was good. I planned to check it out, he made it sound so interesting. I hope there are no gore scenes or too much violence though. It appears to be dark.

Are you still at ep 40? :rofl:
Nah I followed through to the end. It was pretty satisfying to finally finish it after stopping and starting the series a couple of times. It has some really fleshed out characters but I suppose it's what you'd expect after so many episodes :D

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Ok, started it today and I'm on episode 14. I had to force myself away from it because I'm supposed to do my lesson plans for tomorrow morning and I haven't done any!

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Ok, started it today and I'm on episode 14. I had to force myself away from it because I'm supposed to do my lesson plans for tomorrow morning and I haven't done any!
14 episodes in one day? I take it you're enjoying it then? Was that link I gave you any good?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
OMG I can't believe I forgot to update here. I watched the entire series in less than a week. That's in between doing my chores, working and looking after my spawn. There were even days in the week when I didn't touch the series because I was out the entire time. But then, I don't sleep much either and the series captured me.