• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Scary Monster Rat Terrorises Family

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A Swedish family suffered the shock of a lifetime when they discovered that the 'kitchen mouse' that had their cat running around in circles was in fact a gigantic monster rat.
The Bengtsson-Korsås family first noticed something was wrong when their cat Enok refused to enter the kitchen in their flat in Solna, north-west Stockholm.
The rat measured 15 inches, without its tail, and had made it into the family’s flat by gnawing a tunnel between a wooden panel and concrete.

Monster 15-inch rat terrorises Swedish family after chewing through CONCRETE wall | Mail Online
This is the biggest rat I have ever seen. I can understand why it had the cat running from it and I would have jumped on the kitchen table too. No wonder the rat trap didn't kill it. I hope they aren't evolving to be that big.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I read about this yesterday, that is one big rodent.
I have seen rats around London that are big, between 9 to 12 inches and they are big although they have nothing on the size of that one.
I have noticed that in some areas they are getting more blatant as well, its like they are becoming less afraid of humans.

The thing is if they are starting to increase in size they are going to start becoming more of a problem, I mean could you imagine what an infestation of rats that size could do.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Our rats around here are just average size rats and I rarely have any problems with them. However one winter one rat was bound and determined to get in our house. You could hear him gnawing and digging at the floor around the dryer vent. He finally made it in and my husband threw a shoe at him and hit him but he kept trying to come back even after we sealed up the hole he made. We had no luck in catching him in a rat trap.

This rat was kind of pretty, light grey with pink ears.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I have done some night work in a few underground stations around London, and I have seen some big old rats, now I don't mind them personally, but they are a growing problem here.
I would think that a rat the size of the one the story was either holed up in area that had great access to food or was extremely old.

I can see where it would be a shock for the home owner to find that bad boy, but at least it was only one of them.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think a lot of cites have their share of rats. They live in sewers, anyplace underground. To get as big as this one he would have to be well fed. The only thing is people keep rats as pets and I don't know of any that got this big and you would think they would feed them well.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I know people who keep rats as well and although feed well they don't get to the size of that beast, however rats are true omnivores and will anything they find, so it is possible that a wild rat like that has been feeding on things that a tamed rat would not, such as carrion, also rat owners would only tend to feed a set amount, where as a wild rat will eat whenever it got the chance.

Clare

Registered Member
I have a slight fear of regular rats, so this... ahh! I would probably jump on the kitchen table and then out the window! I'm only joking (sort of), but I really would be quite scared to unexpectedly find a rat like that.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Thats hardcore and it would be a awesome pet. I would buy a leash and name it Severus. How long do rats live? Thats huge so maybe as long as a cat.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I bet they live as long as a cat if they are taken care of. It would be freaky to go to someone's house and see a rat this size curled up on the couch with their cat.

If rats start getting this big we are going to have to get bigger cats.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
According to this article these monster rats are being seen in several different countries including in the US. They think they are growing bigger because of access to food and they are also becoming immune to poison.

Rats have had access to garbage and grain for a long time why now are they getting larger or is this even a new thing.

Marcus Giusti, of Total Pest Control, said it was one of the biggest rats he has ever caught, but agreeing with recent reports from the UK and Europe, he says the pests are growing bigger and their numbers are swelling too.

Giant rat the size of a cat cornered and killed by pest control in Dublin home after terrorising family | Mail Online

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hilander Outdoors 2
Bubbles Bathroom Wall 4
Crouton Movies & TV 11
Altanzitarron Anime 8
Altanzitarron Movies & TV 12