• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Monopoly Electronic Banking

Teorropy

I played it tonight with my wife and a friend. It was pretty cool, everything is in the 100k's to millions. My wife ended up with about 69 million. It was cool, considering we would never run out of money to dish out. I owned the two big ones.

Has anyone else played this yet? What do you think of it?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Huh? What is this? Is it like one of those McDonald's things? I've only played the normal board game version. Never saw a reason to play it on a videogame console since it seemed the same to me.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I don't know, it's always kind of been a tradition at my house that the best cheater is always the best at Monopoly. We don't have the patience to play it the real way, and someone always messes with the dice or takes an extra 100 to make life more interesting. It's just no fun to me when you're not competing with your father for best cheater.

Teorropy

No guys, this is not on a console. It is still a board game, but in stead of money, paper, you have a credit card. the a machine to slide it through when you need to.

Doc

V.I.P.
Yep, I knew what it was, but I still miss the cheating.

Teorropy

Oh you can still cheat, who ever is the banker controls the machine that takes away money and gives money. So in a way you are God.

Doc

V.I.P.
Heh, the Monopoly banker is God, eh? Sounds like one hell of a job.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
If only Monopoly didn't take hours.. Sometimes I am in the mood for a quick game but really the game requires a few hours if you have more than 3 people. Especially if everybody is pretty good at strategizing.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Nothing like embezzlement with tangible paper bills though :D

but by the time the electronic banks came out, nobody I know likes to play board games anymore.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Millz General Discussion 17
Smelnick Tabletop Games 37
icegoat63 Offbeat News 12
icegoat63 General Discussion 17
Mirage Technology 12