• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Money in the Bank briefcase?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The last winner of the briefacase(Sheamus) was a total disaster. There are a couple of wrestlers that deserve the next briefcase. You have guys like Owens, Ambrose, who are on the brink of becoming WWE Champions. In your opinion, who deserves the next briefcase?

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
That's an intriguing question, because so many should and could hold their own if won, but I have to go with Kevin Owens on this one. Not only does he hold his own in the ring, but he's arguably the best heel in the ring, and out of it(social media). He hasn't been on the main roster for very long, but he's more than ready for a championship run. Lastly, it gives you the perfect opportunity to turn Seth face.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Owens would be amazing but I think he's still got a couple of years before he's fully in the main event.

I'm say go with Ambrose. He's ready to be champion, and he's already chaotic so him having the briefcase and being able to cash in at any time would be a lot of fun. I could see him toying with the heel champ for a long time and eventually cashing in successfully to a huge pop.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Owens would be amazing but I think he's still got a couple of years before he's fully in the main event.

I'm say go with Ambrose. He's ready to be champion, and he's already chaotic so him having the briefcase and being able to cash in at any time would be a lot of fun. I could see him toying with the heel champ for a long time and eventually cashing in successfully to a huge pop.
Just curious to know why you believe Kevin Owens is a couple of years away from being in the Main Event? He's already one of the top heels in the business, when he has the time and the right opponent he can put on a five-star type of match.

Also, I do believe that Ambrose is well deserving of the WWE Title, but I don't think it should come via the briefcase. Ambrose is just on the edge of winning the title right now. He's a legitimate main event wrestler, and if he beats Lesnar at Wrestlemania, then I see him being the number one contender for the title.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Just curious to know why you believe Kevin Owens is a couple of years away from being in the Main Event? He's already one of the top heels in the business, when he has the time and the right opponent he can put on a five-star type of match.
I'm just going on WWE patterns and the amount of time he's been on the main roster.

He's incredibly over with guys like us and the IWC, but I think in Vince's traditional planning he's still in the process of forging his path and can still be a solid mid-card champ for a good while. It's pretty rare these days that someone can get elevated that quickly. We don't even know what match he'll be in at Mania yet, for example.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think that the WWE can be somewhat predictable with this sort of thing.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Yeah but Kevin Owens isn't exactly following the mold of past midcard champs who traditionally won the Money in the Bank. Owens' experience in the indy circuit over the years most definitely gave him a lot of confidence and credibility and it absolutely shows in his work. Owens graduated from NXT 5 months into his debut; that's unheard of and that means that Owens was more than ready to make the jump on the main roster. And judging by how he's been booked in his first year, which includes already 2 reigns as Intercontinental Champion, I say that it's perfectly logical to consider giving him the Money in the Bank Briefcase.

If not him, than sure, give it to Dean Ambrose but at this stage of his evolution, I don't think he really needs that briefcase at the moment.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 1
HabsMike25 Wrestling 3
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 26
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 4
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 9