Monday Night Wars Re-Born???

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

As everyone knows by now TNA will be going live on Monday nights starting January 4th. TNA signed Hogan and he tought it would be a good idea to do so. With that being said, we haven't seen a "big" wrestling promotion going live on Monday Nights since WCW and we all know what eventually happen to them.

Now the topic in hand here isn't wether TNA will be able to compete, I'm just curious to know if you guys believe this is Monday Night Wars once again?

There's a reason why Bret Hart is coming back, I doubt he would of came back January 4th, if Hogan never signed and they didn't go live on Monday's.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Nope.

TNA can't keep up, thus there cannot be any wars. TNA will try but fail. As I've stated in previous threads, think about it. Most of the fans who were around in the Hogan era are already gone. The WWE's fan base is much different now and newer, so having Hogan is not going to be anywhere near as helpful as TNA seems to think it will be.

3. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I really really really want TNA to succeed.... But i can't see it happening. I mean there's huge differences between WCW and TNA.

1. WCW was already a well established name before it started competing with WWE. People even mildly interested in wrestling knew the name and knew that it had always been there. It had a long tradition behind it etc. TNA don't have that.

2. WCW was backed by Ted Turner's wallet. Even if Dixie Carter sold all her worldly possessions, TNA probably wouldn't have a 10th of the money WCW had behind it. Not only that, but the WWE is probably richer than ever. There's a huge money gap between the two companies and money matters.

3. WCW had huge stars jumping ship from WWF while they were at least not too far past their prime and were at the height of their popularity. Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Diesel, Razor Ramon... They had championship contenders jumping ship, and i can't see that happening with TNA. Sure they may have the same people joining the company now, but that doesn't mean what it meant 10 years ago. Though this links in with the fact that TNA aren't able to financially compete with WWE, so they would never be able to match them wage wise for their bigger stars.

4. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

At the moment it's only one Monday that TNA are going to do. If they do well enough with the ratings then they may move to Monday's permanently which would be very interesting indeed.

5. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I don't think TNA will be able to keep up with WWE even on WWE's worst day. While I also enjoy watching TNA, and hoping they do grow larger in 2010, it just doesn't seem to be their year especially with Bret kicking off 2010.

It just doesn't make sense to me because when I turn on TNA it is suited more towards me 'cuz all the wildness that goes on. It's geared towards more the mature audience and I like it, however if it was up against WWE I would still watch a WWE over TNA for some odd reason. Who knows, maybe I'm just loyal towards one company over the other? Either way, I do want TNA to become on the same level as WWE since TNA deserves it with all the hard effort they put in their shows and PPVs.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  6. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

I think it's the loyalty to the WWE that keeps you watching it for some reason.

Funnily enough I'd probably do the same thing as well haha!

TNA's fail rate is high, but you don't get anywhere in life without taking risks, and I respect Dixie for doing this, however dumb it is.

7. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

See the bolded part...

I am exactly the same way...I dont know what it is. I watch TNA and I just can't always get into it for whatever reason. I am a fan of pro wrestling in general but something is missing in TNA...I dont know what it is.

I hope TNA succeeds as well...competition is exactly what the WWE needs. Remember what happened the last time they were competing? They created the attitude era...

Just sayin...

8. Shooting_Palanx

I honestly don't think that the WWE will ever revert back to the Attitude Era, considering Lindas political seating and the fact that the WWE has too many young fans these days.

I just don't see it happening.

Which is why I hope TNA can shoot to the top.

9. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I was a young kid when Hogan bled against Slaughter at Wrestlemania 7 and when Flair was bleeding against Savage at Wrestlemania 8...nothing bad happened with me. I just dont get why it matters.

I guess the point is that people get older haha. Vince is trying to get young kids to watch so that they watch forever. So eventually he can change his product again and those kids are now teenagers and will continue to watch at an older age. It worked with me...probably can work again.

10. Shooting_Palanx

Hope it does work again, and I agree with you on that kids comment.

I saw Austin bleed many a times when I was about 8, and hell I enjoyed it for the most part lol.

Good thing I didn't have parents that weren't crazy about viewership on the television haha!