• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Monday Night Raw: King of the Ring

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think it's a good time to start this thread. I've always been a fan of King of the Ring, and I'm still pissed that they do this has a pay per view. But the buy rates weren't good during it's last few years, so it's understandable.

That said, next Raw will be three hours long and they will name a new King of the Ring. I'm not to sure who's going to win yet, but I do believe it's going to be a heel. The last two winners have been heels, and I believe the writers have an easier time writing storylines for them.

Let's get some discussing going on possible candidates of the next King of the Ring.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I believe it is going to be Sheamus...I really want him to win this tournament. Who I don't want to see win is the Big Slow.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I also like the King of the Ring. I wish it was a PPV as well. I'll be tuning in for most (if not all, depending on the MNF match up). I'm hoping Sheamus wins as well.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Personally I really hope it's Del Rio, his character would take an even bigger step to success if he did win this tournament. He has the personality to act like a king too. I doubt it's going to be Big Show in all honesty, he doesn't need to crown to be honest. Another wrestler that I don't want to see winning it is Big Zeke(sorry Unity) I just don't believe he deserves it.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I am excited for this show, and like Babe, wish that Del Rio wins it. If not Del Rio than (hopefully) McIntyre because he really needs a push after that tag debacle with Cody. Whoever they give this to will be getting a HUUUUUUGE push afterwards.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Personally I really hope it's Del Rio, his character would take an even bigger step to success if he did win this tournament. He has the personality to act like a king too. I doubt it's going to be Big Show in all honesty, he doesn't need to crown to be honest. Another wrestler that I don't want to see winning it is Big Zeke(sorry Unity) I just don't believe he deserves it.
No offense taken, I don't see him winning it by a longshot.

I'd be fine with Drew or Del Rio getting it; I'd be happiest if my boy Cody could get the win. He's doing so well with this gimmick and if they're not going to give him the IC Title he deserves they should at least give him this.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I forgot about Cody, actually. He would make a great winner, but I will be rooting for a heel to win it no matter what.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think it's better when a heel wins it.

I think it would really make Del Rio even more hateable. He's my pick although Rhodes would work.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Honestly I'm starting to like Rhodes, I hated him with a passion before and now I like him has a wrestler and his gimmick is pretty great. I wouldn't be against winning it either, since it could definitely add his gimmick already. But my pick is still Del Rio winning it at this moment.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Del Rio is more likely (on the SD side), even Drew is more likely. I just feel like with the momentum/attention those two have had, Rhodes would benefit more and it would make more sense.