• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Monday Night Football Moving to ESPN

yooperchick

Registered Member
Probably the last person you would expect to post this, but yes, I do watch football. I read this news and I am so bummed. Those of you may remember that I only have basic cable so I don't have ESPN. The move of Monday Night Football from ABC to ESPN just has me a little bummed and I guess I just have to vent a little.

:shake:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
ESPN and ABC both blow so I don't really care, not to mention MNF usually has bad games anyway. But yeah, madgamer, you really gotta get standard cable with ESPN and everything.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
there both owned by Disney so who cares!!

You should have ESPN even if you have basic cable, so it shouldnt matter to most, but its a sad day thats it not availble to the masses like it was, a sad day indeed

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm just waiting for it to move to Saturday.. LOL! ScubaSteve talked me into buying saturdaynightfootball dot com (the domain) a year or so ago. Still waiting for the ship to come in on that one.. *grumble*

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
It's not like you don't own 100+ domains anyway.

Anyway, I don't think I really like any network's coverage of NFL, it's has way too many breaks and commercials.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
that's because they're trying to take advantage of your feeble little alcohol-deluted minds!!!!!!!!!!! :sick:

And if it does move to saturday, I'm sure they'll come up with some clever or pseudo-clever solution to getting around the problem of buying the most obvious domain. I can see them going with SNF.com (like SNL... saturday night live) or something.

yooperchick

Registered Member
Ok...how many of us checked to see if SNF dot com was available. Sorry everyone, looks like it is taken.

I'm not sure I'd care for it to move to Saturday night. But, I guess it doesn't matter to me now cause I can't watch it anymore unless I decide to shell out the bucks for extended cable to get ESPN.

In fact, we were just discussing getting rid of the cable cause there really isn't much on anymore.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
NFL will never move to Saturday night on a regular basis because college football is played on Saturdays. They only play NFL games on Saturdays in December and in the playoffs, after the college season is over.

Scuba said:
Anyway, I don't think I really like any network's coverage of NFL, it's has way too many breaks and commercials.
I think ESPN has pretty good NFL coverage. I think I just like their commentators and graphics and stuff. I can't stand most of the commentators on FOX and CBS (way too boring) and FOX's graphics and sound effects really bug me. Why the hell do they need to put a big ass arrow graphic on the field with the down and distance when they also have the down and distance on the top bar with the score? The commercial breaks are the same for every network. I think it's ridiculous how they go to break after scores AND kickoffs. College ball usually doesn't have breaks after kickoffs.