• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Mom slowly poisoned son to death to drive up blog traffic

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A 26-year-old “mommy blogger” was arrested Tuesday and charged with murdering her 5-year-old son by poisoning him with salt.

‘Mommy blogger’ slowly poisoned son to death to drive up blog traffic, cops say
As sickly as the kid was I don't see why the doctors didn't figure out what was going on. Couldn't they run tests and see that this kids salt levels were extremely high well before his last hospitalization. When she allegedly was shooting high doses of salt into his gastric feeding tube.

They say she did this for attention, she may have a disorder called Munchausen syndrome by proxy. I will never understand someone doing something like this to their child disorder or not. Well now she is going to get all the attention she wants in court and hopefully prison. I hope she gets life.

Thoughts?

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I find stories like these incredibly sad and tragic. Munchausen-by-proxy syndrome is something that's always baffled me. This "mommy" (more like monster) sounds like she has a lot of issues, and she's obviously a compulsive liar as well, making up stories about the kids father. It's a very real and scary condition and it's tragic that such a beautiful little boy had to die because of it. I feel like a maximum of 25 years is not enough, but then, at least she hopefully won't have any children again after that. Women like these will do it to all their children. Just sad.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Death penalty! Thats just premeditated murder and people that do that should be sterilized so they cant have any kids and denied the right to adoptions. /monsters.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Death penalty might be a bit harsh, considering it's a mental illness. I'm not even sure you can call it premeditated murder. I think they start of at least with just the intention to get attention and pity, not necessarily to kill their child. But over time it almost always leads to death. It's not that cut and dry.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would be all for sterilization. She has no business having more kids.

I've read reports where some women have a kid, kill it, then have another one. They either are after sympathy because they are pregnant or the baby is sick.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Hilander, the doctors did notice the sodium levels spiking, but I'd imagine it's hard to turn around and call the police or confront the woman admitting her child, you know? I know I'd be hard pressed to blame her soon enough to save the kid.

Death penalty! Thats just premeditated murder and people that do that should be sterilized so they cant have any kids and denied the right to adoptions. /monsters.
Definitely not the death penalty, not when someone may have a serious mental disorder like Munchhausen's. Killing her won't bring the kid back. She needs treatment and help. If the evidence shows however, that she did this in full sanity, then she may face straight up prison time without treatment, but I can't see her getting executed.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sounds like to me he had been having medical problems for a long time because of what his mother was doing. If the doctors had looked at his salt levels earlier and notified social services maybe something would have been done sooner. I doubt a child would consume that much salt without help. They don't have to say the mother did it anyway all they have to do is give reasonable suspicion the child is in danger. Let SS investigate it and find out who.

Maybe it doesn't happen every day but mothers doing something like this isn't exactly unheard of.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Definitely not the death penalty, not when someone may have a serious mental disorder like Munchhausen's. Killing her won't bring the kid back. She needs treatment and help. If the evidence shows however, that she did this in full sanity, then she may face straight up prison time without treatment, but I can't see her getting executed.
She was sane.
Experts agree that those diagnosed with Munchausen syndrome by proxy are not incompetent or insane. Instead, it is often compared to an addiction - an addiction to attention.
They know it's wrong to hurt the children. They just do it to get attention.
https://www.toledoblade.com/local/2007/06/10/Poisoning-case-casts-light-on-rare-disorder.html

Since people with Munchausen syndrome by proxy arent insane then they cant use a sanity plea. So she knew it was wrong to kill a kid and she did it anyway. Thats premeditated murder and thats what she should be charged with. If the monster needs help they have psychologists in prisons too.
She endangers people so thats where she needs to be.

Last edited:

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
She was sane.
https://www.toledoblade.com/local/2007/06/10/Poisoning-case-casts-light-on-rare-disorder.html

Since people with Munchausen syndrome by proxy arent insane then they cant use a sanity plea. So she knew it was wrong to kill a kid and she did it anyway. Thats premeditated murder and thats what she should be charged with. If the monster needs help they have psychologists in prisons too.
She endangers people so thats where she needs to be.
It's not that simple, Dr4gon. Munchausen is a mental illness. You can't say she was sane if she suffers from a mental illness.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 5
IrishLass2247 Parenting 2
Mirage General Discussion 2
Bubbles Bathroom Wall 16
Unity Wrestling 1