• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Modifying trucks to spew toxic black smoke

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Conservatives who detest President Barack Obama and EPA clean air regulations are modifying their vehicles to purposefully spew black smoke into the atmosphere.

Rolling Coal: Conservatives ?screw? Obama by modifying trucks to spew toxic black smoke
This is a incredibly stupid thing for these people to do. It has been proven the exhaust from diesel is toxic and has a high cancer risk. These people don't care about anyone but themselves and what they want.

I think they should be arrested and their trucks taken.

Thoughts?

dDave

V.I.P.
I think one thing needs to be made clear here. ALL exhaust fumes from ALL gasoline and diesel burning vehicles are carcinogenic not just the fumes from these trucks.

If the EPA is regulating this then isn't it illegal? How hard is it to stop these guys from doing this? It's certainly not hard to find someone that has modified their truck like this. Around here you get a stiff ticket if your car is putting off way too much smoke.

Also, if diesel is as bad as they say...

pollutants from diesel vehicles “lead to 21,000 premature deaths each year and create a cancer risk that is seven times greater than the combined risk of all 181 other air toxics tracked by the EPA.”
... then why isn't diesel banned?

Something seems off about this story.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think its the soot that is put out by diesel engines that is the problem. Which new engine designs have significantly cut soot output so no need to ban. However these people are modifying their vehicles to be as polluting as they can.

If they get caught doing this I'm sure they will be fined. People should turn them in.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
LOL! They think they are giving Obama the finger but they are really giving it to themselves. When they F up the world too much then they have to live in it and that means more cancer and more premature deaths. And if they cause accidents then they have to pay for that too.
Whats the average IQ for those nutjobs? Zero?

Im not pro-Obama but theres tons safer ways to protest than Fing up the world. It also just makes them look stupid and that doesnt support the anti-Obama side.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I agree with Dragon. I'm not a fan of Obama or excessive regulation, and I don't buy into all of the greenhouse arguments, but this is just stupid. You're still polluting the air that YOU breathe. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out this can't be good.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I get the feelings its less anti-Obama and more anti-Prius-type drivers. Its also less Conservatives and more rednecks. I just don't think its helpful to drive wedges between people like this. So what if someone drives an electric? A true Conservative would say "If it makes you happy and it doesn't hurt me, good for you". The idea of turning a coal stack on when you get in front of an electric car is just repulsive to me. We're already divided enough. Live and let live. Plus, I'd personally love to have an electric if it was built well and the upfront costs were low enough.

Now, if it was really an anti-Obama thing, I might be in. :) A nice bumper sticker that said I just paid $3.50 for gas, thanks Obama would be kinda funny.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I agree with Dragon. I'm not a fan of Obama or excessive regulation, and I don't buy into all of the greenhouse arguments, but this is just stupid. You're still polluting the air that YOU breathe. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out this can't be good.
This is pretty much me right here.

I think it's one of the stupidest fads I've ever had the displeasure of learning about.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sophia Food & Beverage 11
Hilander Autos 2
SithZombree Art & Creative 3