• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Modified Soul Control - Feedback please?

R

Ryan

I found some flaws in the original Soul Control deck, so I made a few changes to deal with the problems.

Monsters: 21

1x Granmarg the Rock Monarch
3x Mobius the Frost Monarch
1x Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch
2x Zaborg the Thunder Monarch
3x Nimble Momonga
2x Helpoemer
2x Magical Merchant
2x Greenkappa
1x Tsukuyomi
3x Newdoria
1x Magician of Faith

Spell Cards: 13

3x Soul Exchange
1x Snatch Steal
2x Pot of Avarice
1x Pot of Greed
1x Back To Square One
1x Premature Burial
2x Bait Doll
1x Nobleman of Extermination
1x Book of Moon

Trap Cards: 10

1x Torrential Tribute
1x Call of the Haunted
3x Dark Coffin
3x Divine Wrath
1x Magic Drain
1x Needle Ceiling

Give me some feedback please. I want to hear all your suggestions.

Z

Zechs Merchise

Ok, I see many problems wiht thisbut I think we can fix that.

First off drop the Gramarg for a Thestalos. I don't really like Gramarg in this format wiht everyone changing to more chainable traps Also, Thestalos is always a +1 unless you hit a Dark World monster because even if they Bottomless Trap Hole it or Trap Hole it or somethign you still grabed a card out of his or her hand. Drop both Helomplemer as there is no point to it in Soul Control. TwoZaborgs are too many so drop 1 of them for 1 Gravekeepers spy. Drop the nimbles as they are just askign to be Mystic Swordsman Lv 2ed or any winnie monster can kill them. In their palce add 2 Gravekeeper Spys and a Gravekeepers Gaurd. Newdoria is not really needed here except as tech so drop 2 of them for another merchant and a Sangan. Greenkappais usless here so drop them for Dekochi's or D.D. Warrior Lady and one Dekochi. Lose one Soul Exchange for a brain control. Pot of grred is banned. Oh, I g2g I'll help some more later.

M

Mechaknucles

-pot of Greed
-Dark Coffin (1)
+Brain Control
+Nobleman of Extermination (you have no Sak. Armor so if you hit one of theres it is terrific.)
i agree with everything above except the soul Exchange for Brain control
7/10 right now, I dunno after you change it.

R

Ryan

I was thinking about dropping the Granmarg for another Thestalos anyway. I dont use Granmarg much. Helpoemer is an additional hand depleter. They stay. The monarchs dont always work, so I like to keep a back-up around. Zaborg I use a lot and are very helpful they stay. No way am I dropping the Nimbles. Are you crazy? They make for a great comeback method. I dont particularly care for Sangan, since the deck is based around the monarchs who are 2400. Again, Newdoria is a counter comeback card.

Rofl, now this is funny. Greenkappa is useless? Dude, did you even thoroughly go over this deck? Hello! Dark Coffin! Sheesh. If you're going to tell me I have problems, make them logical. You've taken out just about every monster I need. How about you and me duel and then maybe you'll see how I work this deck. As for brain control. No need. It's a soul control. Meaning I use Soul Exchange and the Monarchs. Duh!?!

As for Pot of Greed, I realize it has been banned. This is a traditional deck, but if I want to enter it in a tourney, all I have to do is take out the PoG and voila! o_O: You really didnt look over this deck carefully.

All I really need to do is maybe add a couple traps and take out Granmarg. Other than that, this deck is well made, tourney material.

A

Amethyst_Shinobi_0

Every think of adding in Enemy Controller in that deck?

B

bmxbunnie17

um

Take out A newdoria and add in a treeborn frog