• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Modding in Games

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Does anyone here mod and/or use mods in games? Whether it is through a GameShark back in the day with a GBA or a Minecraft mod, mods are everywhere and are hard to escape.

I use only one mod, for Minecraft of course... which is the "Timber!" mod, in which in SP, if one block of wood is cut from the bottom of a tree, all the rest from that tree fall right away and can be collected. Best. Minecraft. Mod.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
First, I think you have to define "mod" because some people clearly don't see the difference between that and a hack. A hack would be something like you saw in Call of Duty with prestige jumping and invulnerability while a mod would be something like S.M.R.T.R for STALKER which made the game far more realistic by changing graphics and updating guns. Mods are a ton of fun but can be a pain to manage. I use some on STALKER but I haven't tried any for Fallout or Oblivion yet.

As far as hacks go, I'm not that big of a dick.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
First, I think you have to define "mod" because some people clearly don't see the difference between that and a hack. A hack would be something like you saw in Call of Duty with prestige jumping and invulnerability while a mod would be something like S.M.R.T.R for STALKER which made the game far more realistic by changing graphics and updating guns. Mods are a ton of fun but can be a pain to manage. I use some on STALKER but I haven't tried any for Fallout or Oblivion yet.

As far as hacks go, I'm not that big of a dick.
I'm referencing purely MODS. Hacks are a totally different story.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I've used them in Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas, STALKER, Minecraft, Freelancer, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Half Life 1 & 2, and Uplink. Yeah, I'm pretty big on modding.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
The only modding I have ever really done was with Unreal Tournament using UnrealEd. I did enjoy it but didn't invest as much time as I should, and I would still like to use it or something similar more.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
used invedit in minecraft. That was a 2nd source mod to the game.

Then in League of Legends I use "League Record" which is another 2nd source mod, currently Riot Games doesnt offer a Replay mode, so the League Record mod screen caps the entire game and saves it in a slim file. You have to do your own converting to wmv or whatever you use.

And back when I played Civilization I liked some of the mods that were out for that. Most of which the ones that carried new units into the Future Tech Era. I remember there was one mod that had like a Super Bot that you could build. Used to fuck shit up with that Unit.

BigBob

Registered Member
The only time I ever use mods is on computer games nowadays. I did use the GameShark and GameGenie back in the day though. Normally, I just use mods if I'm playing an old sports game like Tecmo Bowl because people do mods for it and update the game to have the full 32 teams and all the updated rosters, as well as updated "graphics" and such.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dDave Video Games 0
ysabel Movies & TV 2
Swiftstrike Ideas & Support 23
Swiftstrike Bathroom Wall 5
K Video Games 0