Mod With A Poor Attitude

Discussion in 'The Bathroom Wall' started by IntheNet, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IntheNet

IntheNet Guest

Perhaps a neutral third-party could review this thread:
    http://www.central-fusion.net/forum/index.php?topic=2456.40
    and answer why the Mod in charge changed my post (#57).
    Re: (Last Edit: Today at 04:43:56 PM by The Mercenary »)

Parts of my original post (and the bottom of the page) are cited by others. You will see within this thread a pattern af abuse by a Mod who can't handle criticism of a thread he started. It ends with me not contributing further after he unfairly and without permission changed my post (as well as likely chnaged my custom user name, although I know this allowed). Is post revision a Mod priviledge for no reason?

Why is this allowed?

IntheNet

2. um you are right, it shouldnt be, but damn its really funny though .... not my position to do anything about it

3. Blur

Blur iPimp

well I'm not reading all that, cause thats a damn lot. But I will def have a talk with Merc cause it looks like he is using his position to kind of scare you away from debating any further, "youre skating on thin ice pal"

and that edit that says weeeeee etc, yea. ill talk to him. sorry about that. i dont know why my mods act like dick heads sometimes. just comes with a diverse group i suppose. to the mods: i dont give a shit if someone sounds like an idiot or is stubborn, as long as they arent flaming you DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT to call them idiots, fuck faces, whatever else nonsense was in that thread, edit their posts like was done, and use your position to kind of "threaten them"

i will not have it i dont care how cool i am with you, positions will be removed!

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I apologize for my rudeness, but IntheNet, your persistent ignorance could not have come at a worse time. I've not been in a great mood recently and your continued ignorance towards everyone and hard-headed attitude pushed me over the edge. I apologize once again, for editing your posts, not for what I said to you.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Alright guys, now that it's settle we will just get over it, what happened is over and Merc appologize, and lets just continue posting and have some fun.

6. Sephiroth_Masamune

Sephiroth_Masamune l 7SIN Sasori l

Wow, I am all for speaking your mind about things(I didn't read the link anyway...so excuse this post if you wish), but abusing positions is just not cool...I mean, I certaintly never do that ;)

Lol

Just keep these forums sane until the new computer comes in for me(Yes, I am STILL waiting)

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow I haven't seen you here fore awhile, hopefully you'll get your new computer soon, because we need you back my friend.

8. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

In all fairness, Merc DID warn him... it's his job to prevent absolute retardedness on the forum, and InTheNet was doing a great job of giving Merc something to prevent.

9. I'd have to agree with SenatorB.

10. IntheNet

IntheNet Guest

SenatorB: A couple points=>

(1) Since I am a new member hereabouts, I did not know Merc nor did I have an agenda of any kind. I simply objected (and still do) to his thread and my posts therein were in direct response to him for starting the thread and on topic. I feel that he should have handled criticism on the thread better since he started it and it was no doubt done to provoke a reaction. It did. In very short order my opinion within said thread was attacked as hostile rather than being recognized for what it was: a differing opinion. The thread ended shortly thereafter my post was wrongly changed without my permission. No big deal. Issue was solved and no harm done.

(2) I hold no grudges. As I said, I did not know Merc but I would assume he, like me, enjoys good political discussion and I would assume he is an excellent Mod of this forum. I look forward to subsequent rhetoric on myriad topics with him and others. You can be assured that my posts represent my firm political opinion and if I caused any of the current unhappiness you have my apology.

(3) I do think that, at times, Discussion Boards such as this get heavily populated with opinion in one political direction, therefore when a topic surfaces, such as the Coulter thread, there is a tendency to downtalk and criticize political opinion that goes against the prevailing norm. I think this is key. Whenever a topic surfaces, all opinion should be accepted as important, without any one side being belittled. I hope Central Fusion takes this into account...

Regards...

IntheNet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.