Mobile phone users

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ysabel, Oct 1, 2008.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Do you keep your phone on all the time or do you switch it off when you go to bed at night, for example?

My phone is on all the time except when in places that require phones to be shut off (hospitals, planes, etc.). At night I use it as my clock (when I need to check the time for the several instances I wake up) and as alarm for the morning. The downside to this is when I get calls or text messages from people who forget timezones.

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Mine is on non-stop. At night when I charge it I leave it on, when I'm in class I switch it to "vibrate all", and even supposing I'd ever travel anywhere on a plane... I'd probably just switch it to "airplane mode" (which it does have!).

Its not like I really need the phone all that often, its just sorta like a security blanket anymore.

3. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

My phone is on all day long and I charge it during the night hours, sometimes I put it on silent mode when I'm at work. But since I have an iPhone and it runs like a compuiter (because if you leave it on for days on end it'll go funky on you with service and speed). So I turn it off at night time while it's charging and turn it back on during the morning.

~Shwa

4. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Yeah I never turn mine off either. I was told you are supposed to turn it off every once in a while but I dont know it thats true or not. At work my phone is on vibrate...usually it always is unless I'm in the car.

5. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

My wife has to remind me constantly to turn my phone on and leave it on. I'll turn it off and forget to turn it back on.

6. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

My phone is only off when the battery dies. I use it as my alarm clock, watch, phone, and camera. And it's a piece of shit, too. Worst phone I've ever had.

For sake of conversation, I'm just going to say that the Razr is the single worst phone I've ever had.

7. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

My phone is always on unless I'm on an airplane or somewhere that requires you to turn them off. I put it on vibrate when I go to bed, but the vibrate still makes enough noise to wake me up.

8. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

Mine is pretty much always on. I'll set it to silent for classes or movies or what have you, but I pretty much always have it on and with me. I use it for checking the time, for quick calculations if I don't have a calculator handy, and to take pictures sometimes.

9. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

mine is always on. i turn it down when i'm in class.

10. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

For places where it's required to turn your phone off, I generally just put it on vibrate or complete silence. I hardly ever actually turn my phone off.