Mobile GF

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by Iris, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

So I noticed that on saturday I went on GF on my phone, and then again on Sunday. There were no new posts to be seen on Sunday, and yet there were when I got on GF on a computer.

Is it just slow updating, my phone, or is something wrong?

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Maybe your phone had a cached version, saved from earlier? It should show the same posts that are new no matter where you view it from.

3. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

it shouldn't since i just got this phone on friday... the new posts thing on the front is the same from six this morning, and i can only see new posts unless i go to the new posts page

4. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

Its either that or the type of phone that you have to log onto GF with. I log on with my iPhone from time to time, but it just takes so long to type what I want to say sometimes. What kind of phone do you have?

~Shwa

5. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

samsung propel. it loads just fine for me. though battery life sucks since I had it completely full this morning and 4 out of 5 bars are gone
    ------
    So anything looked into? the home page doesnt load and it still thinks that today is the fifth. it makes finding threads really hard lol I can only see updated posts in the new posts link at the top of the page...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  6. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

If I understand what you are saying, my phone does this too, I just made it a habit of actually going and clicking on New posts. I don't know why it does it, but it just always seems to leave off where I last was on GF.

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Is there a refresh option? It doesn't do this on any phones I've tried so I'm not sure what the problem is. It sounds like it's loading the last version of the page that you saw. There's gotta be a way to refresh it.

8. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

How do I get to the mobile version?

9. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

not at all. its not necessarily the last version i saw. i can be on and off all day and still see the page from yesterday. i can reload and its the same. it kept making a pm from chaos seem like it was new even though i read it like 653 times lol

10. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I actually I was having that problem yesterday, but it isn't doing it today.