• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MNF Timeouts

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Interesting story floating around today. Jeff Fisher said that Jack Del Rio was told by ESPN to use timeouts at the end of the game to get more commercials in. ESPN and the NFL have denied the claims and Del Rio hasn't been made available for comment. I don't know if Fisher said this in jest, but if it's true, wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Did ESPN Ask Del Rio, Fisher To Take Timeouts?

BigBob

Registered Member
Funny...I wonder what actions the NFL will take if these allegations are true.
They aren't going to do anything. Why would they? It's not hurting anybody. It's annoying, yeah.. but there's nothing that needs to be done. The commercials pay to advertise, most of the commercials when they call a time out are football related, meaning the NFL is making money because their likeliness is being used.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BigBob NFL 16
SamusAran86 Sports 10