• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Mmm, Cake!

Elanor

Registered Member
Nearly everyone loves a nice bit of cake! I have just taken an experimental chocolate cake out of the oven, I felt like making a cake but lacked butter, so found a recipe that uses olive oil instead. It smells lovely, I can't wait to find out what it tastes like.

My favourite cake is a good old Victoria Sponge, can't beat the butter cream and jam combination.

Do you like cake? Which ones do you like?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I love cake and there is a couple kinds that I like more than others. One is chocolate, bet no one guessed that and the other is pineapple upside down cake served with whipped topping.

Elanor

Registered Member
I have never been a fan of the pineapple upside down cake. The ones I have tried have been really soggy, maybe I have been unlucky.

I also love coffee cake! With coffee flavour butter-cream.

dDave

V.I.P.
Pineapple upside down cake is one of the few things that I actually like to use pineapple on! :lol:

I honestly haven't run into any cake that I don't like, certainly some are better than others but I like it all.

One type of cake I particularly like is banana cake. Essentially, it's banana bread specially made to be a cake. Coated in lovely cream cheese frosting :).

My personal favorite type of cake simply has to be carrot cake, I love that stuff.

Elanor

Registered Member
I just don't like a soggy sponge :lol: I have never baked a pineapple upside down cake myself, I think I will have a go one day, as I do love pineapples.

Someone I used to work with makes the best carrot cake! It is absolutely amazing! I miss working with her.

ILuvChuzzles31

Registered Member
I love carrot cake as long as there is vanilla ice cream available or
recently I fell in Love with Entenmann's Choclate Fudge cake.

I have to stop talking about cake now I can feel the calories
adding on already :-o :lol:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
As long as the cake is moist and the icing is good, then it's hard to go wrong with any cake. My favorite cake is probably a simple chocolate cake with white icing. Not a huge fan of carrot cake, but it's still cake so I'll eat it.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I like lots of cakes. I like German chocolate, blueberry peach streusel cake, ice cream meringue torte, chocolate Bavarian torte, pineapple upside down cake, chocolate hazelnut, rainbow cakes, black forest cakes, and cheesecake. Anyway those are some of my favorite cakes. Oh and pistachio fudge cake with cream cheese icing too.

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
I just don't like a soggy sponge :lol: I have never baked a pineapple upside down cake myself, I think I will have a go one day, as I do love pineapples.

Someone I used to work with makes the best carrot cake! It is absolutely amazing! I miss working with her.
I think it works best to somewhat dehydrate the pineapples before baking them on the cake. I have a similar problem with putting fresh peppers on my pizza that I'll bake in the oven, it just lets a bunch of water out and the whole thing is wet and nasty.

You're wrong btw. My mom makes the best carrot cake. ;)

As long as the cake is moist and the icing is good, then it's hard to go wrong with any cake. My favorite cake is probably a simple chocolate cake with white icing. Not a huge fan of carrot cake, but it's still cake so I'll eat it.
Speaking of icing, some cakes have awful icing. You know some of the store bought cakes that have the really even layered whipped frosting? Sometimes that frosting is simply too much and I'll have to scrape some of it off.

I like lots of cakes. I like German chocolate, blueberry peach streusel cake, ice cream meringue torte, chocolate Bavarian torte, pineapple upside down cake, chocolate hazelnut, rainbow cakes, black forest cakes, and cheesecake. Anyway those are some of my favorite cakes. Oh and pistachio fudge cake with cream cheese icing too.
I've bolded all those that I haven't had from your list, quite a few of them. I have had rainbow cake though, that stuff is quite good.

Taliesin

Registered Member
I'm with ILC on this one. I LOVE carrot cake. I could yum that down with or without the frosting. It's just that good!

Of course, like others here, I also wouldn't go past a bit of chocky cake either. There really are very few kinds of cake I don't like. I'll try 'em all. I'm a big fan of cake me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Blur Bathroom Wall 5
Smelnick Bathroom Wall 7
SmilinSilhouette Bathroom Wall 0
Blur General Discussion 0
PretzelCorps Bathroom Wall 7