MLS

Discussion in 'Football / Soccer' started by Cooley47, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Cooley47

Cooley47 Registered Member

Does anyone watch the MLS? I know it's nothing close to the European leagues, but it can still be very entertaining. At least there is some sort of Soccer I can watch here in the States :) I do enjoy the World Cup, Conf Cup etc.

I follow D.C United and try to make every game if I can, have missed a couple this year, but sitting in the Barra Brava and watching your team play is such a great expierence.

Does anyone watch MLS? If so do you follow a certain team?

VAMOS UNITED!

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Echoes probably does. I know little about the MLS. Did Beckham even make a difference?

3. Cooley47

Besides making our stadium sound like a John Mayer concert with all the screaming girls, no.

I don't think he did anything like the MLS hoped he would do.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I've tried to get into it but it's just not as exciting as the top European leagues. I do watch the Fire occasionally and try to get to a game every once in a while.

5. Cooley47

Yeah I agree, I watch the European Leagues as well as FIFA and am just in awe at how they play, they are so much better than the MLS, but then again the MLS is pretty new compared to the older leagues.

Hopefully the MLS can advance more and more.

6. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I am hoping that St Louis lands an MLS team and then I'll be paying a ton more attention then I currently do.

7. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I just don't like how the MLS is set up, with divisions and playoffs. I guess the American audience wouldn't understand the promotion/relegation system. Also, there's way too much parity. The best teams aren't that much better than the worst teams and there's so many draws.

8. Cooley47

I agree entirely Echoes. MLS has a long way to come. Perhaps they try to keep it more simple, I don't know. Either way it's better than nothing I suppose.

9. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

America has always had a fascination with "the play-offs" and "Eastern/Western divisions".

World wide football works best in a straight league format with promotions and relegations, which is something the American game has never fathemed neither has the American audience.

I still enjoy the exciting games you get in thr MLS, usually high scoring and end to end action, free flowing.

I don't really follow a team but I always watch the MLS weekly round-up on transworld sport.

10. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

It's on Foxtel sometimes and if I am bored I watch it from time to time. I don't like the tempo of the game.