MLS and high profile players

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
After the very publicised acquisition of Beckham, and Thierry Henry's transfer to NY Red Bulls next season....another big name will transfer to play at the MLS with the LA Galaxy:

Ronaldinho!

Ronaldinho headed to another Galaxy?! | Soccer Jones | Football and Soccer News, Gossip and Analysis

Both Henry and Ronaldinho figure in my fave players list (and well, ok Bekcham is eye candy). In a way while I'm sad to see them go away from the European leagues, I'm hoping their transfers do help promote football/soccer in the US.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow! That's huge! Deep down though I have a feeling he'll pull a Beckham and want out of the MLS to go back to play in Europe.

I love Ronaldhinho, and if he's injury free I believe he'll be a star in the MLS. Can't wait to see him in action.

I never expected him to play there though to be honest with you guys.

Last edited:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Looks like Galaxy is very rich. Makes me think of those super rich English clubs that manage to get the latents that way.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I hate how all the star players end up on the Galaxy or Red Bulls. But this is pretty exciting. I'd like to see the MLS become more successful.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
At least it's balanced (east/west coast). What's the format of MLS anyway? Do they play by geo first or everyone plays all other teams?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
There's an Eastern and Western Conference and I guess each team plays the other teams in its conference more than they play the teams from the other conference.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Good on them, Ronaldhino isn't past his prime anyway, he isn't good as he used to be, but he still changes games like there is no tomorrow.