MLB Trade Deadline thread

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
I figure there will be a ton of trades the next day so lets post them here unless there's a big one out there that might need its own thread.

Yesterday we saw...

Miguel Tejada delt to San Diego

Jorge Cantu to Texas

Matt Capps to Minnesota

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was shocked when I saw Tejada go to the Padres, he must be pretty about it though.

The Rangers are trying to make a big push for the Playoffs, adding Cantu will definitely help them out. He as a solid bat and he's pretty good defensively.

A few Jays players might be on the go as well, John Buck, Lyle Overbay and even Jose Bautista(who's stock as gone way up since the All Star break)

Last edited:

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
Cantu is a stud. The Rangers are going to do some damage in the playoffs I think.

Another deal goes down...Edwin Jackson to the White Sox...

White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

By Luke Adams [July 30 at 11:54am CST]
11:54am: Jackson has been told he's been traded to the White Sox, tweets Yahoo's Tim Brown.
9:46am: Sox GM Kenny Williams has something big cooking, tweets Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times, and if he gets it done the Jackson deal is off. Meanwhile USA Today's Bob Nightengale tweets that the Sox would pay all of Jackson's salary if the deal gets done.
AOL FanHouse's Steve Phillips says the White Sox would try to flip Jackson to the Nationals in a Dunn trade but would be happy to keep him. MLB Network's Peter Gammons adds that the Nationals are "not that hot" for Jackson, though SI's Jon Heyman tweets that they love him. Rosenthal tweets that the deal is in the Nationals' hands, but Hudson would end up with the D'Backs either way. There's almost no chance Hudson makes his scheduled start tonight, tweets Cowley.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Jackson as all the tools to be a stud pitcher, and he proved it one year, but other than his no-hitter, he hasn't been all that amazing with the Diamondbacks.

None the less maybe another change of scenary will help him out.

With that being said, I wonder what Williams as cooking.
------
Well it looks like Berkman waived his no-trade clause. The Yankees suposedly acquired him. This is just a repot, and not a lot of details at this point.

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal has basically said the same thing. Sherman says Berkman has consented to waive his no-trade rights, and that they just have to wait 24 hours for the deal to officially take place. There is no word yet on what the Astros will receive in return. The Yankees will take on the remainder of Berkman's contract, and the first baseman has specified that his 2011 option not be picked up.
Report: Berkman to Yankees deal completed - MLB- nbcsports.msnbc.com

CO, you might see Wallace fairly soon.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'm watching the Astros game now and in the pre-game they reported that it's pretty much a done deal. Wallace is reporting to Round Rock and they're expecting to bring him up in a couple of weeks.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Any word on who they're getting in return, if you guys get Montero in return then you'll be winners of this trade. Berkman still as good value, so I'm sure the Astros asked a lot in return.

I don't get much Astros games here, so please keep me updated on his progress in the big leagues.

Rumors are also that the White Sox are close to getting Adam Dunn in a trade. I'm assuming that's the big deal that Williams is working on.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
No, they didn't say who they're getting in return. That's what I'm trying to find out.

I heard the same thing too about Dunn. That would be big for the ChiSox.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
A lot of people think that Westbrook needed a change of scenary. Should be interesting to see how he does for the rest of the year.

I still believe it was pretty stupid to trade Ludwick though.

Mad that the Jays didn't make any moves, they had some pieces that they could of traded away, but didn't do so. I know the Giants were recruiting Batista really hard, but I guess Alex didn't get a good offer to pull the trigger.