• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Regular season discussion 2010

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
After losing 4 games to the Astros recently, Oswalt's gotta be thinking WTF? even though he didn't pitch. His complaint, and it was valid, was they rarely gave him any run support and now the Astros seem to be hitting and scoring...go figure.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Can't believe the Astros just swept the Phillies, and Halladay pitched in one of those games as well. I really wanted him to win, if he did then he would of been tied in wins.

I heard Brett Wallace wasn't doing any good though. He's young though, so I wouldn't worry about it right away.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I watched that game, he went up against Happ who we got in return for Oswalt. I think the Astros are now playing with a nothing to lose attitude. The Phillies look like they have a lot of pressure on them and don't know how to handle it, although I think they'll be fine.

Yeah he's struggling some but we traded away Feliz who took some AB's away. Hopefully this will give him a chance to play every day and get into a groove.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I'm really happy with the way the Astros have been playing. I think they're about 6 games behind the Cards, who I consider to be a hell of a team, and considering how bad they started out they are playing really well.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ever since they traded Berman and Oswalt it seems that they've been playing really well. It's a good sign for next season.

With that said Oswalt had a shaky start in Philadelphia but now he's pitching really well. If he can maintain this high level of pitching, the Phillies might make it to the World Series again this year.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Yeah, Oswalt is a really good pitcher and I knew it was a matter of time before he settled in there. I'm rooting for the Phillies just because I'd like to see him win a pennant.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm rooting for the Phillies because of Halladay, man I want to see him in the Playoffs so bad. If Hamels, Oswalt and Halladay are on their A game come playoff time, they might be extremely hard to beat.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Oh shit I can't believe I forgot to mention Halladay as well. He's another reason why I'm rooting for them, he's a guy that deserves a ring also.