• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Regular season discussion 2010

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It was the same thing for us when we traded Halladay this off-season. He only had one year left in his contract and we all knew he wasn't going to re-sign. They decided to trade him for prospects, and now those players we receiced in return are doing really well in the minors.

Oswalt still as some value, any contending teams would love to have him in their rotation. If you believe that you can make a strong push for the World Series, then trading a few good prospects for his services isn't a bad idea.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Yeah, I agree about trading for Oswalt. I'm surprised a deal hasn't been done yet.

I really expected more of a pitching matchup between Santana and Garcia last night. Good game nontheless. Hope Puljols is all right though.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Rumors were that the Phillies asked for Oswalt, but Roy told him he doesn't want to play for them. Which I found pretty surprising to say the least.

The Jays just swept the lowly Orioles. I know it's not saying much since Baltimore is one of the worse teams in the Majors, but it was an entertain series if you are a Jays fan like myself. The Jays just pounded the ball this weekend, and had great pitching for the most part.

Reactions: Doc

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm really happy to see P Jaime Garcia of St. Louis playing pretty well. He went to high school down the road from where I live and I went to see him pitch a couple of times. He's a good kid and a good pitcher, hope he continues to suceed.
Oh that's awesome man. He's a really good pitcher...and only 23 years old too.

He seemd to learn the english language really fast too. HIs english is better than Pujols and Molina. Great person too.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Oh that's awesome man. He's a really good pitcher...and only 23 years old too.

He seemd to learn the english language really fast too. HIs english is better than Pujols and Molina. Great person too.
Yeah, even as an Astros fan I root for St. Louis just becaues Puljols is my favorite player but once Garcia broke into their starting rotation I rooted for them even more. He really is a good guy.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Great performance by Brandon Morrow, he lost a no-hitter with one out in the ninth inning.

He also struck out 17 batters.

Juan_Pablo

Registered Member
Man the Mets lost a tight game to the Phillies, even though they took an early lead they gave away 5 runs in the 5th inning FUCKKKKKKKKK!!! Toronto has been playing pretty good as of late, although being in the AL East playing good is useless! The Yanks are to good this season.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was glad that the Phillies were able to get the victory, especially with Roy on the mound. Definitely wasn't his best performance, but pitched well enough to get the victory.

The Jays just swept the Rays which is not an easy task to do, the hitting as been solid and so as been the pitching. I know they won't make the playoffs, but it's fun to watch.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Great performance by Brandon Morrow, he lost a no-hitter with one out in the ninth inning.

He also struck out 17 batters.
Unbelievable two days to watch the Blue Jays.

First, JP Arencibia's debut, which has to be considered one of the best debuts by any player in recent memory. 2 homers, including one on his first pitch, and a 4 hit night. Congrats to him.

Then it was Brandon Morrow's turn, who suddenly turned into Roger Fucking Clemens. It is too bad Hill couldn't corral that grounder in the ninth but in all honesty, that was a near-impossible play. To me, that takes nothing away from his performance, which was simply amazing.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Definitely one of the best performances I've seen in my life. It's a shame that Overbay wasn't able to handle that grounder that counted as an error. Longoria would of never came up if he did. But I don't want to put the blame on anyone, Morrow was outstanding and he deserves to get all the props in the world for that game.