• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Regular season discussion 2010

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
This is going to be a long season yet again for us Astros fans:stare:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well at least you guys got your first victory yesterday afternoon and maybe they can take that win and run with it. It's still early my friend.

The Jays were able to get another victory last night against the White Sox, they won 7-3. The Jays are off to a good start, they've had great pitching and timely hitting. I don't expect it to continue, but I'll take while I can get it.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Yeah, it's still early I know. But they don't look good at all.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Roy Halladay wins his third game of the season. He pitched another stellar game, two runs allowed in eight innings, once again doesn't allow a walk. He's simply incredible, and if you don't think he's not the best pitcher in baseball today I'd love to hear your reasons why you don't agree.

Is he getting some props in your area?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Trying to revive this topic.

The Blue Jays are currently playing the Cardinals for a three game set. The game just started. The pitching match up is Cecil vs Garcia. I'm a big fan of Cecil, and he has a lot of potential. Struck out Pujols in the first inning.

Hopefully the Jays will be able to sweep this series but I'll take two wins as well.

Just as right this Molina hits his third home run of the year. Bad pitch by Cecil.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Would you take one win?? ;)

The Cardinals have had 6 chances to sweep a three game set this year and have failed every time. No offense but it would be nice to finally do it haha.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yesterday was brutal to watch. Romero pitched well last night but then Gregg comes in and loses the game for the Jays.

Hopefully we'll be able to get at least one victory this series. But it won't be an easy task since Wainwright takes the mound tonight. Morrow will be taking the mound for the Jays, he's been inconsistent all season long. I don't know what to expect from him tonight.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I'm really happy to see P Jaime Garcia of St. Louis playing pretty well. He went to high school down the road from where I live and I went to see him pitch a couple of times. He's a good kid and a good pitcher, hope he continues to suceed.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
You might be seeing Roy Oswalt in a Cardinals uniform soon as well. It seems like the Cardinals will be making a huge push for his services. None the less, I don't see Roy being in an Astros uniform when the trade deadline is over.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Yeah, I don't either. I know the Phillies are interested in him also. I love Oswalt, he's about the only thing going for us right now and I hate to see him go. That said I would like to see him go to a contender and hopefully win a pennant. And hopefully we can get some good prospects in return.