• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Regular season discussion 2010

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Alright the regular season is just around the corner, I think it's time to start talking about the upcoming season. We'll use this thread to talk about the regular season as well.

Personally I don't believe we have enough members here that like to discuss about Baseball, so I might try and recruit a few.

Let the 2010 Baseball season discussion begin.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Spring Training is here so I am all about the upcoming season. Got my MLB TV premium purchased at a discount and I'm ready to go.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's a going to be a rough season for the Jays I think they'll probably finish last in the AL East Division. They lost their heart and soul this off-season, in Roy Halladay. I'll definitely miss watching him pitch every five days in a Jays uniform.

It's all going to be about youth this season for the Jays, most of the starting rotation will be filled with pitchers that don't have much experience. Our ace will probably be Romero, that's how young and inexperienced the pitching staff will be.

Vernon Wells will need to rebound from his last two seasons, he's now the Captain of this team and he'll need to be a leader in the dressing room. I'm really looking forward to see if Adam Lind and Aaron Hill can duplicate the seasons they had in 2009.

It will be weird to watch Halladay pitch in another uniform, but I'm going to try and watch him as much as I possibly can. I am intrigued to see how he does in the National League.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well last night the Red Sox were able to come back to win the game 9-7, it was a fairly entertaining game, lots of of offense and not much great pitching.

Today is the big day though, most of the teams will be in action today/tonight. My Blue Jays are facing the Texas Rangers this afternoon and I'm really looking forward to the game. It won't be an easy task since the Rangers have a scary line up.

Should be a great day of baseball though.

Kratzenkov16

Registered Member
definitely a good start to the baseball season for st louis fans

cards crushed cinci and the cubs got destroyed!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well the Blue Jays blew a three nothing lead, then blew a 4-3 lead, this is the type of season they’ll be having. Shaun Marcum had a no-hitter going to the seventh but then he gave up a three run home run. The Jays offense looked good at times, but they’ll need to give more run support to their starting pitchers if they want to win games this season. Pretty disappointed season opener for the Jays.

On a site note, I followed Halladay’s debut in the National League and even though it was against the lowly Nationals he had a great game, striking out nine over seven innings, only allowing one earn run. If healthy he’s going to have an amazing season like I’ve already said a few times already.

Critter

Registered Member
pitching so far has been slow to get better. beckett, cc, letster, and aj...

both games are up to bullpen... there been some nice play. two by jeter one by ellusbury.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Blue Jays are currently 4-1 and they're going for the sweep this afternoon against the Baltimore Orioles. Vernon Wells has been playing pretty good so far this season, he's got four home runs and seven RBI's, lets hope he can maintain this pace.

Overall it's been a great season, and it's only five games in so far.

Sigurd

Internet Dig Dug
Arizona is doing well so far 4-2 record, and just lit up the Pirates for 15 runs, 13 of which coming in one inning. Ironically the 13 runs in the inning is the same Houston has gotten in their first 6 games.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Blue Jays had a come back win against the Orioles in the eight inning and now their 5-1. Personally I didn't expect that type of beginning that's for sure.

Roy Halladay had another brilliant start today, had a complete game, eight strikeouts, seven hits allowed, no walks and one earn run. If he stays healthy he'll have a sick numbers.