• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB realignment?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
MLB talks switching National League team to American League, sources say - ESPN

This caught me by surprise when I saw the story Saturday. Attendance is not as big a deal as you'd think (it's still down, but average per game is way up from where it was at this time in late April/early May).

I like the idea of Houston going to the AL and creating that natural Texas-Houston rivalry.

What are your thoughts?

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I hate the idea of Houston going to the AL. I hate the DH and don't want the Astros going there. Send back Milwaukee.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Brewers are Selig's franchise, and Selig always wanted the team in the NL because he watched the Milwaukee Braves as a kid, so they're untouchable, so another team has to be moved to protect them.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't mind if Houston goes to AL since the AL West only has four teams and the NL Central has 6 teams for some reason. Houston is furthest west so it makes sense.

I dunno, I'm not sure I like the no divisions idea they seem to have as well. I like having divisions.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I don't mind if Houston goes to AL since the AL West only has four teams and the NL Central has 6 teams for some reason. Houston is furthest west so it makes sense.

I dunno, I'm not sure I like the no divisions idea they seem to have as well. I like having divisions.
It wouldn't be a big deal if we'd lose a team in the NL Central, just for the numbering reasons that Millz had mentioned (our 6 team division). If it were my Cardinals, though, I wouldn't be happy about it.

I hate the idea of getting rid of divisions. Division rivalries are a part of the fun in MLB. Period.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I know the Brewers were Selig's team and he's not going to send them back, that's just my suggestion. He brought them to the NL and messed up the numbers. Moving them made no sense in the first place to me.

I agree with realignment for the numbers reason, I just don't want the Astros in the AL. I don't like the AL and would prefer them to stay in the NL.

I agree with not getting rid of divisions, that would suck if they did.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
When the Brewers moved it was actually the Kansas City Royals who had the first crack at moving to the NL in 1997 but they declined. That was a pretty stupid move on their part but they wanted home games against the Yankees and Red Sox but could have had sell outs with the Cardinals more often then usual but hey, their loss.

Anyway, two 15 team leagues is fine but I don't understand why they need to get rid of divisions. If you had an extra wild card then that appeases the issues you see in the AL East now days. Toronto could make the playoffs if its 3 divisional winners and two wild cards. Just using them as an example.