• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB MLB Players say Harper is overrated

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
He hit 22 home runs as an 19 year old...how can that make you overrated? I think people do not understand the difference between raving on Puig and Harper's talent and saying they are top tier players in the league. Both have huge potential ceilings, both are very young, both have a far way to go to be established top tier outfielders in the mlb although they're off to a good start!

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't get how he's overrated either

I don't think anybody is saying he's the next Willie Mays, are they? But as Dickey said, he hit 22 bombs at age 19...who does that?

I think with Harper a lot of people just don't like him because of his personality. "That's a clown question bro."

Sabby

The Millz said:
I don't get how he's overrated either

I don't think anybody is saying he's the next Willie Mays, are they? But as Dickey said, he hit 22 bombs at age 19...who does that?

I think with Harper a lot of people just don't like him because of his personality. "That's a clown question bro."
He's been unfer the gun since he was 16, I like hi 'come at me bro' kinda attitude. He knows he's hyped up and want to deliver the goods, on and off the field.

rolewiii

The guys on Mike & Mike yesterday nailed it - he was overhyped, but not overrated. Honestly, I'd be surprised if most professional baseball players can read at a high enough level to really get the difference.

Truly Overrated: Jason Heyward, Any Upton (except Kate), Matt Holliday, and David Price.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
rolewiii said:
The guys on Mike & Mike yesterday nailed it - he was overhyped, but not overrated. Honestly, I'd be surprised if most professional baseball players can read at a high enough level to really get the difference.

Truly Overrated: Jason Heyward, Any Upton (except Kate), Matt Holliday, and David Price.
David Price overrated?!? May I show you his career numbers and ask you why in the process lol?

I know wins don't mean much these days, but he's 71-39 with a 3.19 ERA!

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't see how David Price or Matt Holliday are overrated

All they do is produce. So I mean I guess if you hate production they are overrated haha

BJBirdy

Registered Member
rolewiii said:

That's debatable. I don't think she deserves all the attention she gets.

Anyhow, I don't think Harper is overrated, but I do find that a lot of young players get put on a pedestal without really deserving it. Harper's not one of them.

arock1234

Registered Member
The MLB Players said this? It does not surprise me one bit. The players obviously don't like the way he plays so they will have an increased level of scrutiny towards him. Remember the whole Cole Hamels things 2(?) years ago? He hit him on purpose just to teach him a lesson. Most baseball players are kind of dumb.