• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Franchise Four

willge87

Registered Member
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/ ... e_four.jsp

Vote for the FOUR most impactful players who best represent the history of each franchise. The players from each group receiving the most votes will be revealed on July 14 at the all-star game in Cincinnati. I'll share my votes for the Blue Jays and Expos/Nationals. For the Blue Jays, I selected Alomar, Halladay, Delgado and Stieb. For the Expos I selected Carter, Raines, Dawson and Rogers.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've only voted for the Blue Jays thus far, maybe I'll do the Expos later on.

Here is who I voted for:

Alomar
Delgado
Halladay
Stieb

Almost went with Carter over Stieb, because of the walk-off World Series home run, but I just believe overall, Stieb had a way bigger impact on the Blue Jays franchise than Carter.

Also, I have admit, this is pretty cool.

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
I did a few teams:

Red Sox - Williams, Yastrzemski, Martinez, Ortiz
Orioles - Ripken Jr., F. Robinson, b. Robinson, Palmer
Cubs - Banks, Jenkins, Williams, Sandberg

I am going to try to do them all.

I also did the Pioneers - Sisler, Keeler, Anson, Alexander

willge87

Registered Member
goingtopshelf said:
I did a few teams:

Red Sox - Williams, Yastrzemski, Martinez, Ortiz
Orioles - Ripken Jr., F. Robinson, b. Robinson, Palmer
Cubs - Banks, Jenkins, Williams, Sandberg

I am going to try to do them all.

I also did the Pioneers - Sisler, Keeler, Anson, Alexander
I think I put Cy Young for the Red Sox. It was hard to ignore a guy who has a fricken award named after him.

I think I picked the same for the Orioles, and am pretty sure I did the same for the Cubs.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Love this idea - and at the very least it's made for some great discussions on my local ESPN Radio channel.

I voted several times for the Cards today and went with Stan Musial, Rogers Hornsby, Bob Gibson, & Ozzie Smith.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I ask this question on Twitter. Who would be your four players for the Yankees. I think the first three are pretty obvious, but I had a few people tell me different names for the fourth player.

Here's mine:

-Ruth
-Gehrig
-Mantle
-DiMaggio.

willge87

Registered Member
Bizzy said:
I ask this question on Twitter. Who would be your four players for the Yankees. I think the first three are pretty obvious, but I had a few people tell me different names for the fourth player.

Here's mine:

-Ruth
-Gehrig
-Mantle
-DiMaggio.
I think I may have had Berra instead of Mantle, but I honestly don't remember other then that I know for sure I had Ruth, Gehrig and DiMaggio.