• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Awards

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think we should select our picks for the upcoming MLB awards. Choose who you believe should win, and not who will win.

AL Cy Young: Felix Hernandez
AL Rookie of the Year: Neftali Perez
AL MVP: Miguel Cabrera(Hamilton misses to many games)

NL Cy Young: Roy Halladay
NL Rookie of the Year: Buster Posey(the guy is sick, love him)
NL MVP: Joey Votto

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Cy Young: Felix Hernandez
Wins and losses are the worst indicator for a pitcher, people know that. However, I am a bit hesitant to pick King Felix over CC because of the huge discrepancy in W-L. That being said, Hernandez was the most dominate pitcher this year looking at every other statistical category. It's hard to pinpoint the actual number of wins that the Mariners jobbed him over.

Wouldn't argue with Sabathia either.

AL RoY: Neftali Feliz
Austin Jackson has a good shot as well, but Feliz had a big hand in getting the Rangers into the playoffs. He gets my vote.

AL MVP: Josh Hamilton
Both Hamilton and Cabrera are worthy. I'm going with Hamilton despite his injury troubles because his numbers when you get down to it are absolutely phenomenal. No arguments from me if Cabrera wins though.

NL Cy Young: Roy Halladay
Halladay went to NL and was predicted to dominate. He did. Enough said.

NL RoY: Buster Posey
This was Jason Heyward's trophy until Posey absolutely exploded when he began to start. Kid's going to be a beast in the next few years.

NL MVP: Joey Votto
Put one up for the Canadian kid. Close race between him and Pujols but Votto just had a better all around year at the plate.

So, I guess we are pretty much in agreement Babe.

Wade8813

Registered Member
AL CY: Felix Hernandez, and it's not even close. And I'd take Price over Sabathia - Price was almost half a run better ERA.
AL RoY: Neftali Perez
AL MVP: Josh Hamilton. It's close enough to a full season, and those numbers are monstrous.

NL CY: Roy Halladay - he put up those numbers in a hitter's park? Ridiculous...
NL RoY: Buster Posey - he plays a much more important position than Heyward, and his extra power (per plate appearance) basically makes up for Heyward's ridiculous OB
NL MVP: I can't decide between Votto, Tulowitzki, Carlos Gonzalez, and Pujols.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
No doubt that Votto gets it, Tulo had an amazing run in the second half, but he's missed to much time in my opinion. He'll garner some votes, but not enough. Votto led his team to the playoffs, if Pujols did it with the Cardinals instead then he would of probably get my vote.

The reason that I'm taken Cabrera over Hamilton is because during the time Josh missed, his team still performed fairly well. If it wasn't for Miguel, the Tigers would be even worst. I just think he deserves it more.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I can understand knocking Hamilton and Tulo for playing time. But the playoff thing bugs me. Pujols and Votto have very similar stats, yet somehow Votto was more valuable because his teammates were better enough to get to the playoffs?