• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Award winners

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Use this thread to post the award winners. The Rookie of the year were announced today and Buster Posey and Neftali Perez were winners.

Buster Posey, Neftali Feliz picked as MLB Rookies of the Year - MLB News | FOX Sports on MSN

Buster definitely deserve the award, he tore it up every since he got called up to the big club. I know he didn't play all year, and some people could make an argument that Heyward deserved the award, but I still believe Posey deserved it.

For the AL, you could make an argument that Jackson of the Tigers should of won the award, and in all honesty I wouldn't be against it if he did win it, but I'm satisfied with Feliz as well.

This is the third time that the two rookie winners faced each other in the World Series.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
I think both players deserved the awards. You could make cases for the other guys, but you have to factor in that Posey and Feliz both played major roles on pennant winning teams. Congrats to them.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Nice to see Doc join the ranks of pitchers that have won a CYA in each league.

Felix Hernandez won the AL CYA as well. It could have went to CC as well and I wouldn't have been mad, but it's good to see the writers have stopped rewarding the guy who collects the most wins, regardless whether he is the best pitcher in the league. Although, I'm not saying CC didn't have a leg to stand on here, I would have had a tough time deciding who to vote for.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I believe King Felix truly deserved the award and I'm glad that he won. It's not about the Wins anymore, and I'm glad the writers are finally seeing that. Felix was definitely the best pitcher in the American League even though he had a 13-12 record. Switch him with CC Sabathia and he probably has the same amout of wins.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Switch him with CC Sabathia and he probably has the same amout of wins.
Great point BR, giving up 1 ER against the NYY in 26 innings certainly proves the fact he is dominate against great teams. Felix was the right pick.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Votto won the MVP.

Reds' Votto named National League Most Valuable Player

Definitely right decision, Votto was the best and most valuable player in the National League. He was one of the biggest reasons why the Reds made it to the playoffs this season. He was also a contender for the Triple Crown most of the year.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Great for Votto, great to see a Canadian win the award, and especially after all the stuff he went through last year with his father passing away.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Votto certainly deserved it, but so did a few other guys. Any of them winning it would've been fine with me.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
They could of went with Pujols, but Votto is the biggest reason why the Reds made it to the playoffs and the Cardinals didn't. Which in the end makes Votto the better candidate in my opinion since their numbers are pretty close to each other. Votto had the OB% and slugging% advantage.
------
No link at this point but Hamilton won American League MVP. I'm not in total agreeance with the selection since he missed a bunch of time at the end of the year. I'm assuming though he got the edge over Cabrera because his team one the AL West while the Tigers missed the playoffs.

Cabrera second

Cano third

Cano got zero first place votes

Bautista 4th

Konerko fifth

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BorshaBowmik Baseball 0
Konshentz Baseball 6
Babe_Ruth Baseball 5
Babe_Ruth Baseball 4
Babe_Ruth Baseball 0