MLB All Star game

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The Major League All Star game is next week, they have announced the starters and bench players for the All Star classic.

MLB All-Star teams announced - MLB News - FOX Sports on MSN

I agree with most of the selections, surprised to see three Blue Jay hitters on the team. Happy to see Wells make the team.

Can't wait for the Home Run Derby and the All Star game.

2. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

People need to stop complaining that Strasburg isn't on the team. He's made 6 starts and is 2-2. Yeah, he's going to be an amazing pitcher and showed that in his first to starts, but he hasn't had time to build into an All-Star yet.

I was hoping McCutcheon would be on the list, but you know.. not everyone you can make it.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree and disagree with you Bob. My argument is this, the game is very valuable to each leagues. If you win the game then you get home field advantage in the World Series.

By adding Strasburg, you increase your chance of winning in my opinion. If he takes the mound as a manager I would be confident that he would do well out there.

With all that being said, it doesn't matter to me either way. I would be satiesfied if he made the team, and it doesn't bother me that he was left off.