• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB 2015 Season Thread

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Opening day was earlier this week and thus far my Astros have split their first two games with Cleveland.

Discuss the upcoming season here.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I've said this numerous times, but I'm going to actually try and get into baseball this year. I watched more last year than I did the previous 27. I actually really enjoyed the World Series.

Now I just need to figure out a team to root for.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I keep saying that about NHL, and I plan to.

I've been an Astros fan my whole life, and still am, it's just hard now that they are in the AL. I miss them playing in the NL, especially against the Cards.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I also miss playing the Astros every year...it was a fun rivalry. Although I still hate Jeff Kent, Mike Lamb and Jason Lane because of it haha

Cards split in Chicago...and Det should root for us. I mean, if you like it when your team wins, of course.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
They are my second favorite team, especially after Houston went to the AL. That rivalry was fun.

We lost the rubber game to Cleveland today.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Let's stop for a second and take a look at the teams in first place right now in the AL...

Tampa Bay
Kansas City
Houston

How awesome is that with those smaller markets?

The NL is pretty status quo though with St Louis, Los Angeles and Washington in first.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Keuchel pitched a complete game shutout last night against the Yankees with 12 strikeouts. Watching the look on ARod's face after swinging and missing on a third strike was priceless. Correa is a stud, it's so exciting watching that kid break into the big leagues.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Meanwhile in Anaheim, just as the Angels are putting together a little winning streak, news breaks that the Scioscia-Dipoto relationship has gone to shit (first reported by Ken Rosenthal). Apparently what put it to a head was the GM asking Scioscia and the staff to do a better job of getting the advance scouting reports to the player and then saying the front office was going to give the reports to the players directly. The two meetings over the weekend got heated, with Pujols giving his two cents in the second one.

Late Tuesday, reports came out of more closed-door meetings among the Angels brass, and of Dipoto actually packing up stuff in his office. Wouldn't be surprised to hear an announcement before the late afternoon game starts Wednesday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...ipoto-thinking-about-resigning-061555438.html

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Another close call for a no-hitter again tonight, this time for Cleveland. Lots of dominant pitching performances thus far this season, especially by Max Scherzer who's been lights out for the past month!

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The pitcher is back in full force for sure. I felt bad for Carrassco...2 outs and 0-2 count before Butler ruins the no no

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Baseball 66
Babe_Ruth Baseball 42
Babe_Ruth Baseball 5
Babe_Ruth Baseball 17
Babe_Ruth Baseball 22