• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB 2010-2011 Off-Season Thread

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Roy Halladay
Cliff Lee
Roy Oswalt
Cole Hamels
Who gives a shit this rotation is the best I've ever seen

He left a lot of money on the table from New York to go to Philly. This is unbelievable news.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow! That definitely came out of no where. I think the Phillies just clinched the NL East and home-field advantage. That rotation is scary good. I know they still have to hit the ball, but they're definitely the early favorites to win the World Series.

That said, Halladay should still be the Ace of this team.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Yeah, this surprised the hell out of me, the Phils came out of nowhere. This is definitely the best rotation in baseball right now.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
A few other signings:

The Yankees sign Russell Martin to a contract:

Yankees try to play catch up with Martin - The Boston Globe

Posada will be the full-time DH now and Montero will battle for the back-up catchers role.

In the same link you can see that the Yankees have signed Mark Prior to a Minor League contract, which surprised the hell out of me. Kerry Woods and Prior reunited once again.

Other news, Hideki Matsui signed a one-year contract with the A's. Good signing in my opinion since he's still has some left in the tank.

Matsui signs one-year deal with Oakland | Sports | Reuters

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Going back to the Phillies' new rotation. Holy. Shit.

This is good for the team. However, I still think they need to sign some more bullpen pitchers to strengthen that section, but with a stunning starting pitcher rotation like that... I doubt they need to worry.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Ya, damn that Philadelphia rotation. Damn that's good. And it's not like they can't hit the ball neither.

I would be really surprised if Philadelphia didn't just sign themselves up for the 2011, 2012 and even 2013 NL East pennants. I find it hard any team in that division will challenge Philadelphia for at least next season in their current state.

Wade8813

Registered Member
The Phillies are scary good right now, but I think they have an age problem. Hamels is basically their only starting player under 30, and from what I've heard their farm system's been sold to get all these star players.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see the Phillies have a bunch of players "get old" in a couple years, and suddenly their stellar team will be in the toilet.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
A lot of people have been saying that Halladay will start declining because of the amount of pitches/innings he's thrown in the last ten years. But he still goes out there and gets the job down. Halladay is in phenomenal shape, he's a work horse and he has the best work ethic in the Majors. He might be getting older, but he still as at least four or five great years left in him. Oswalt as a few more good years, and I'd say Lee as another four. I don't think the rotation will be bad anytime soon.