MJ's hair on fire commercial

Discussion in 'Music' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

That'd be pretty scary. He must not have realized it at first because he was dancing for a few seconds while his hair was flaming. You can see a bald spot where the fire burned his hair completely off on the top of his head.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Yeah, he didn't realised when it first happened. He was concentrated on the commercial, so he only started to realise when his head was starting to burn.

That bald spot is what I find nuts. To burn off that much hair in so little time it's crazy. I know he had a lot of hair products that were flammable, but still.

4. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

Wow that is really horrible. It must of been such a shock for him, you could see it on his face when he was pulled back up and he clutched onto his head where the bald bit was.
    I was amazed at the amount of people that bounced on him to try and get the flames to go out, he was on the floor in seconds!

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

whoa, I wasn't expecting there to be as much flame. Nice to see he does his own stunts. :D
    But really, he must have been very focused to not realise his head was on fire for about 8 seconds!

Impact likes this.
  6. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

At that time Michael Jackson, like a lot of black men during the 80's (yes, including me) sported the hair style known as the jheri curl. To maintain the look heavy use of various relaxers and moisturizers were required and they were highly flammable. I knew guys who accidentally set their hair on fire just by lighting up their cigarettes.

But that's the reason Jackson's hair caught fire so fast and burned off so much of his hair so quickly.

7. browneyes106

browneyes106 Registered Member

I always wondered about how his hair caught on fire for years when people would talk about the Pepsi commercial. It's pretty crazy that he didn't feel his hair on fire until his skin burned. He seemed pretty calm at first but I bet he freaked out later.

8. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

You'd be surprised. I had a friend of mine who was shot in the hip with a .22 and didn't feel it or even realize he was shot until it was pointed out to him that there was blood on his pants.

9. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I saw this the other day. I can't even imagine how much that must have hurt.

10. diva91

diva91 New Member

Yeah, that's crazy. It's sad though that this video just leaks now. Hasn't he suffered enough?