• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Miz's "pipe bomb" promo

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
This encounter on Talking Smack (the interview show that follows Smackdown Live) has everyone talking. It even had a few people thinking it was legit. Daniel Bryan says that he doesn't like the way The Miz wrestles, and it sets the IC Champ off. Thoughts? Will this go somewhere for The Miz?

I hope so, it was a rare promo that blurred the lines between kayfabe and legitimacy. It took an IC title run where I was somewhat waiting for its end to me now hoping it gets a lot more buzz and that Miz keeps the belt longer.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Talked about it in the Smackdown thread, but that was ... AWESOME. pun intended

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think it was a work but it was a damn good one...see what happens whenever you let guys speak their minds without a script??

EdgeHead

Registered Member
By far, the best promo The Miz has ever cut in his pro wrestling career. You could feel the passion, almost holding back tears in the end as he spoke about how the Intercontinental Championship is the most relevant title on Smackdown. This is something that WWE Creative needs to take notes on; let the workers do their own things with promos. Give them the bullet points and let them go from there. That is way more efficient to create great characters than boxing them into strict guidelines.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Got to give the man credit. Aside from the movie sabbaticals, he hasn't had many prolonged absences or injuries in 10-plus years.