Mixing friends

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EllyDicious, Apr 26, 2010.

1. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

When you sit at a table with your friends, do you mix them with each other even-though they don't know/haven't met each other before?

Last weekend I was sitting with a friend and 5 other people [her friends] I had never met before and they hadn't met any of us before [except her].
    She would talk to each of us but we wouldn't talk that much to each other because there wasn't much to share with strangers, also ...me, personally wasn't really interested in getting to know them and vice versa.

I don't have a problem getting to know people and I try to be friendly but she does this almost every-time we're together and it's getting annoying.
    Everytime I meet her she takes new friends with her.
    She also got mad at me[1 week ago] for not calling her to sit with me and my 2 friends she had never met before.

Do you mind if you [often] sit with your friend's friends at a table ...and everytime you sit with that person he/she invites new friends?

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I like to meet new friends. I don't expect my friends to mix me in with their other friends, though. Everyone is entitled to their own personal life. I try to mix in my friends with my newer friends because there's no way to know if one set of friends will get along with another without the necessary social interactions first.

I like to be friends with my significant others' friends, though, just because I'm a true believer in nearly everything being shared in a serious relationship. In a more casual relationship this isn't something I really care about, though, as you're basically evolved friends. Also, I'm not saying people in a serious relationship have to share friends constantly; I'm saying that the significant other should be familiar and comfortable with their others' friends.

3. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

It doesn't bother me that much as long as it isn't something that is done an extreme amount. I'd like to talk with my friends more openly than I would be able if there were people I haven't met before.

4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Nah, not me personally. Back at home, my friends quite literally all know each other. Well near enough, anyway.
    Here at uni, I keep course people and flat people separate. They are very different groups of people and I'm not sure they would get along so great.
    I've introduced my 2 closest friends so far out of each group, but that's about it.

It might bother me a bit if it was almost every time, just because sometimes I really don't feel like making an effort to be normal with new people. :lol:

5. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

I think it's a great way to get to know new people.
    Though there should be a limit to how often it happens, since after all if you want to spend time with established friends, that means you do not want to be meeting new ones at that particular time.

6. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

It rarely happens now that I've established my adult companionships, however, once in a while a new person is introduced and he or she is always welcome and we chat with one another with no problems. . .unless of course that particular person is extremely quiet, which has happend.

7. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

I wouldn't have a problem if it happened rarely but everytime I meet this friend, she'll have new friends at the table.
    It's been long since me and her were alone at a table. It's been long since we last had our talk.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It's happened to me a lot in recent years and most of the time I got along with the other friends. I rarely talk to my High School friends anymore, so I haven't really mixed my old friends with my current friends. But they've done it many times and there was never a big issue.

9. KSpiceFantastic

KSpiceFantastic Haters gonna hate.

I like mixing my friends, and my friends like new experiences. However, when it backfires on us... we really never talk to those people again.

10. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Most of my friends already know each other from high school. I have two different groups of friends, but we don't really all hang out together because the two groups have different interests and like to do different things.

I enjoy meeting my friends' friends though. Usually friends of my friends are pretty cool.