Mixed relationships in your belief.

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Mickiel, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Mickiel

Mickiel Registered Member

Being involved in a mixed relationship myself, I have learned so much from the dynamic. I am a black man, I have a White Woman, and a good one at that. But I struggled with that at first, two years of thinking I am betraying the women of my race. It was a type of faith in my race, thinking I am made to be with one of my own kind. And I have had plenty of black women, and hold nothing against them. Nothing at all, I just happened to be fortunate enough to have a woman who is my everything, and she just happens to be white. She didnot struggle with it, but went through my struggle with me, supportive all along the way. I tried to push her away too many times too count, but I finally came to my senses. But not without an inner struggle.

I was thinking how simular this experience is to belief in God. Your doing something that not everyone accepts. Even have problems accepting it yourself. Everyonelse seems to hold faith in the way they were raised to be, brought up to accept, but somethingelse seems to be happening to you. Your going another way, seeing something different. But its mixing with already established ways of being in your life.

Insn't that what being gay is mostly about? Your going against the established way of being. But your feeling love, as the straight people are feeling love, but your love is unacceptable. Your believing certain things about God, that are unacceptable. Or your not believing in God, which is unacceptable.

Your having mixed relationships in your belief. And I want to go into that. Peace.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Homosexuality is not belief, God is.

Also, who cares what race you date or marry? There's nothing wrong or right when it comes to those sorts of things.

3. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Theres plenty of reasons that a great relationship can fail, don't add race to it. Your not obliged to be with anyone regardless of sex or race. Just be with who makes you happy and don't push away someone you love over something as trivial as feeling like your betraying your own race.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
    Doc likes this.
  4. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

How can you even begin to compare a belief in God to a lifestyle choice? No, sorry, they are not similar at all.

5. Merc

Well, God is a lifestyle choice. Homosexuality is not (in my opinion anyways).

6. Yawny

Yawny Registered Member

They can both be somewhat of a belief, when a teenager is discovering and exploring his or her sexuality, have you ever heard the term "I'm confused?" He or she is having a battle over what appears to be the "right" choice (heterosexuality) with what he or she actually feels (homosexuality.) It is in the same case for me, however I don't deal with the homosexual/heterosexual question, I deal with if I am sexual at all. Both of these things have to be weighed and measured, of course the end result is most likely always going to be the same if you have questions regarding your sexuality. But they deserve a bit of soul-searching, questioning and self evaluation.

As for the OP, I don't want to trivialize what you're going through, but race is really no valid reason to end a perfectly good relationship. If this woman is the woman of your dreams, that alone should serve as "justification" for the perceived "abandonment" of your race. There is no such thing to love. Love is constrained by no man or thing, it is metaphysical, it will happen to everyone; regardless of the facet. You can invest your love into anything that evokes that emotion within you. You need not worry about that.

7. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I'm not even getting into the defining issue, there's no point in it. All I'm saying is that I have trouble understanding how he finds them comparable.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  8. Merc

They're confused because of all this crap we spew about homosexuality in the media. In the past, people suppressed any feelings they had that were homosexual in nature because it was simply viewed as wrong. Nowadays, people are told both ways, that it's right and natural and that it's gross and wrong. Of course kids are confused! With all the pressure against gays and lesbians, of course they're going to rethink themselves.

9. Yawny

Yawny Registered Member

Yes, but there in lies my point. Heterosexuality is a natural process, after all. It is natural by nature, it is intended by nature, anyone with a mind can see that they have feelings that are not of natural purpose. The whole process of heterosexuality is in fact a naturalistic view. It is how we pass on our genes and improve in the evolutionary cycle. It is how we survive.

My point is, it is not all about a cultural perspective on love and lust but rather a question about normalcy and their use in nature. They can see that Point A is meant for Slot B, and thus the question arises "Do I actually feel this way? To be an abnormality in a supposed "normal" world?" As I said, it deserves some soul-searching, questions and self-evaluation. To utterly decide "I'm going to be homosexual" merely because you have contradicting feelings for the same sex is foolish to me. Every action, every thought, every feeling that we have deserves the same stipulation of thought.

10. Merc

I agree that deciding one way or another out of pressure is wrong but what about those who are naturally homosexual? Homosexuality has existed in nature for some time now, thus it's natural. The problem is that our society at large doesn't the idea of considering homosexuals as normal nor does it like the idea of humans being animals.

Also, how do you claim to know what "normal" is? Don't forget, normality varies from person to person. Homosexuals are natural, yet you claim they're abnormal. How does that work?