Mitt Romney's Crazy Beliefs...

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Truth-Bringer, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. "Top 10 Extreme Beliefs Round Up

We've finished our list of Mitt Romney's top 10 most extreme beliefs. Read them and judge for yourself whether you want someone who believes these things to become President of the United States. Here is the countdown:

10. God resides near a planet called Kolob

9. We baptize dead people

8. Urim and Thummim - The Seer Stones

7. The Garden Eden was in Missouri

6. Mormons still practice polygamy - sort of

5. Temple Garments

4. The Book of Mormon is Perfect

3. God Discriminated (until 1978)

2. We Can Become Gods!

1. A Living Prophet"

Details on all of his crazy beliefs are here.

2. tipsycatlover

tipsycatlover Registered Member

At best this is recounts what the writer believes that mormons believe, not what Mitt Romney actually believes. I see no quotes from reliable sources that Romney articulated any of these "beliefs" as his own.

Is this supposed to pass for "truth"?

3. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

Are we to attack the Christian candidates now for thinking they drink the blood and eat the flesh of their martyr man-God every Sunday? Of course not. That would just be silly. I'm no Romney fan, but attacking him for being a Mormon is pretty low. I don't think that will be a deciding factor in much of anyone's decision to vote for or against him. It certainly shouldn't be.

4. Unfortunately the media won't ask Mitt what he believes. However, these beliefs are held by most Mormons and the article contains accurate details of their belief system.

5. GoldenGary

GoldenGary Guest

The biggest problem I see from that list is the last, most important issue, and frankly that requires some more justification in order to say it is a problem. Catholics have a similar system to the mormon system as the pope is sort of like the mormon president, correct? I might be wrong on some elements of that, but the pope has great power over good catholics.

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Prove to me that this is more than a Romney Hatefest and I'll unlock this thread.

Otherwise, it's pointless and certainly not beyond an eleven-year old train of thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.