Mitchell And D'Antoni Named Coaches Of The Month

K

Kidd

The Toronto Raptors Sam Mitchell and the Phoenix Suns ’ Mike D’Antoni today were named the NBA Eastern and Western Conference Coaches of the Month for January.

Mitchell guided the Raptors to a 10-5 (.667) record, including a 7-3 mark at home, for the month. Highlights included two home wins over the Washington Wizards – a 116-111 victory on Jan. 7 and a 119-109 decision last night – and consecutive wins over Charlotte (Jan. 22), New Orleans/Oklahoma City (Jan. 24) and Boston (Jan. 26). Toronto (23-23) currently holds a one-game lead over New Jersey (22-24) in the Atlantic Division.

D’Antoni, who also won the award for December, led the Suns to a 15-1 record for the month, matching the best January record in NBA history, tying the 1962-63 Lakers. The 15 wins were the most in any calendar month in Suns history, besting the 14 wins posted in December, 1992. Phoenix also posted a franchise-record 17-game win streak (Dec. 29-Jan. 28), tied for the seventh longest single-season win streak in NBA history.
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...chell_and_dantoni_named_coaches_of_the_month/

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am really happy for Mitchell, because people were saying that he should get fired because he was off to another bad start. I had confidence in him, I knew that he could lead this Raptors to the playoffs, and so far he's just doing that. I am hopeful that he'll continue to have success, and he does deserve this award.