Mitch Albom.

Blake02

Registered Member
Who here has read Mitch Albom's novels? Both those based on fiction, and non-fiction?

Which is your favourite? I recently finished reading Have a little Faith, and I must say, once again Mitch's writing ability, his skills as an author to tell a story,which, while simple is fascinating and compelling, are amazing. Everytime I read of one his works, his words somehow manage to come out and touch me, they make me think, they make me feel, they make me question.

How about you all, how do you feel about him and his work?

democracycoma

Registered Member
I have read 'Tuesdays with Morrie' and 'The Five People You Meet In Heaven'.

I loved both of them. His imagination is just amazing and, like you, it makes me think and question. His writing is so intriguing and captivating that I couldn't put either of these books down.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
Crikey! Not read one of his books for a while!

I too read the 5 people! Amazing book!

He writes beutifully and powerfully! Very under rated author!

Nice thread x

Blake02

Registered Member
Absolutely agreed! I tentatively read the 5 people you meet in heaven. I say tentatively because I am not really a fan of the genre that is inspirational novels. But I found it breathtaking.

Naturally I decided to pursue his non-fiction books, which like the 5, I found amazing. He is certainly under rated. They spoke to him the other week on talk back radio, and it was fascinating to hear his own perspective.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Let's assume, hypothetically, that I have not read any of his books. what would be the best one to strart with? I am always looking for great novelists that I have not known to day, and this guy seems interesting. So where do I start? :D

Blake02

Registered Member
Let's assume, hypothetically, that I have not read any of his books. what would be the best one to strart with? I am always looking for great novelists that I have not known to day, and this guy seems interesting. So where do I start? :D
Personally I'd start with For one more day. It is a heartbreaking story.

As you know, I'm pretty emotionless so when I say that I mean it. I know you love religious debates too, so I'd strongly suggest Have a little faith, its a fantastic book to make you wonder. The 5 people you meet in heaven is also a thought motivator, but to a much lesser extent.

But definitely read for one more day and have a little faith.

I've read 'For One More Day' and 'The Five People You Meet in Heaven'. Both were excellent books and I even enjoyed the movies that were made from both.