• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Mistaken Intentions

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
Recently, I share with another GF member a sketch I did from a photo of myself. It was to a person I thought took interest in my ability to draw, though the only drawings they had seen were from Whiteboard.

For many years I have drawn anime type art, if this is considered art, I always thought this as more of doodling than art. But recently I have taken interst to do real life type sketching, starting with myself as model. The sketch was from what maybe seen as provocative photo, but to me once it is sketched it is art and no longer something to be considered provocative... but maybe this was wrong of me? It was not seen as art, but as me making some kind of proposition to this person...

The matter has been discussed and I think the intentions are now clear, but I still question weather sharing this or other sketches I may make using my own body and features as a model is wrong to share?

shelgarr

Registered Member
Yes, it sounds like it. You must have many examples that don't include too much "skin". Share those instead.

Dabs

Registered Member
I agree with shelgarr..there are a helluva lot of other things in the world to sketch than one's own body and give or show to someone.
Maybe a gift of your own body art would be good for a boyfriend??
But try sketching a sports car or a football arena for a friend :)

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I think it might be wrong to share, but again, it is art. I guess it depends on why you are sending it and who you are sending it to. If the person you are sending it to has the idea that you sent it for a reaction other than "hey, check out this picture I drew" then yeah, maybe you shouldn't have sent it. If you sent it and the person received it "what do you think of my drawing" and nothing more, then no, I don't think it was wrong to send.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I agree with shelgarr. I don't think you should post "suggestive" drawings of yourself, because there are people that could exploit it. It's a shame though, because it is art. I know I wouldn't see them because I don't like art anyways.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
There are a lot of ways to pose, from the simpliest to the most provocative. You only have provocative pictures of yourself? Just like Dabs said, save the provocative ones for your boyfriend, not for a friend.
Surely you can give a sketched picture of you if you aren't provovative, otherwise the other person might take it the wrong way.

Last edited:

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
If you're going to share something like that, it's your responsibilty to be clear in your intentions. You need to have the foresight to realize what signals certain things may send.

Reactions: Doc

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
It is not nude sketch, it was photo of me sitting on floor wearing button down shirt unbuttoned but not showing my breast or any of this, I even post this sketch to my FB account. It is really first attempt of me to sketch more "real life" person than anime.

But this is why I question weather I should have sent this to one who I thought would see it for the art and not a proposition... it was maybe my mistake as most seem to think.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Right, it depends on who you sent it to and why. Like Cons said, so long as you take the responsibility of making your intentions clear then it shouldn't be a problem.

Dabs

Registered Member
I'm sure the drawing is very good....(I don't wanna see it!!).....deep down, did you maybe, just a lil??......have some sort of close feelings for the person you showed the drawing to??
Thinking maybe.....they would make a comment that it was great..good work.....and somehow, the words jumbled and it came out differently than you had hoped??
That's why you must be very clear about your intentions right from the get-go.
It's hard to know what someone really means when merely typing words.